[Microsoft Login Connector Demo] AADSTS500201: We are unable to issue tokens from this API version

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 15 Apr by Paul Davies
1 vote
Published on 15 Apr by Paul Davies

Hello, I'm a beginner in outsystems and I'm trying to create a personal project with a simple microsoft login and the step in the documentation "Select  New registration indicated by the plus symbol, getting the below (obviously with your organisation being shown were Davies March is showing)" is different from mine since Im not in an organization. What would I pick as my supported account type instead?

Also I get this error when I try to sign-in the Microsoft log-in page. I've set the correct OriginalURL, ClientID, and ClientSecret in outsystems following the documentation and the instructions in the Demo Connector.

Hi John,

Did you login to the Azure portal with an Office 365 account, or with (personal) Microsoft account to create the application in Azure?

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you for your reply. I logged in using a personal Microsoft account to register an app in Azure.

And you were able to do the app registration successfully?

Yes, I was able to do the app registration successfully.

Ok, I will try to do the same steps, I never used it with a personal Microsoft account before, only with Office 365 accounts. Let's see if I get the same error.

I can confirm to get the same error message when using a personal Microsoft account. I look into it more to find the reason for this.

Thank you sir, I appreciate it.

Solution

Hi,

When I configured the demo application using an Azure App registration using an Office 365 account everything works perfectly. I used as a resource "https://graph.microsoft.com" (site.Resource).

Doing the same with an application registered using the personal Microsoft Account (live account) gave me the same error as you have.

I do recall that you need an Office 365 subscription but cannot find the official page stating this.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution