COVID-19 Community Response Update - April 22

Hello Community! 

My name is Cat Martinez, and I have recently joined OutSystems as a Community Growth Manager based in sunny California! Today I have the pleasure of sharing with you an update on the COVID-19 Community Response Program. 

Project #21*

This idea aims to create an app that matches volunteer seamstresses and tailors in isolation with municipalities and health institutions, as well as with people at risk.

The main goal of WeSew is to centralize the need for masks from the various institutions so that together with the municipalities and volunteers, they are able to identify the stock necessary and how to proceed with logistics. Municipalities will need to register; volunteers will need to sign up; the WeSew team will be in charge of adjusting and managing needs, and ensuring the shipment of goods. The public entities will be in charge of identifying the necessary resources so that WeSew is able to guarantee enough resources are produced. In the end, the final product is collected, sterilized, and delivered.

*Although this is the 21st project announcement, we’re only currently supporting 17 projects. This means we’re still able to support 3 more!

Criteria reminder:

• Potential impact as measured by total population helped
  • Technical feasibility of using the OutSystems platform
  • Project team commitment to build and run the project
  • Availability of relevant subject matter experts in the team

Although this is the 21st project announcement, we’re only currently supporting 18 projects. This means we’re still able to support 2 more!

If it is 21st announcement and supporting only 18 projects, how there is a sapce for 2 more? Excuse for maths, but didn't get it.

The math :

Commitment to support 20 minus 18 already supported leaves space for 2

Ah, thanks Dorine.

I hope you see my idea

I'm waiting too see my idea, because is so important. I'm working in some similar, and many countries want this kind of application. But all ideas are important to make a difference. Go ahead OutSystems

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

I'm waiting too see my idea, because is so important. I'm working in some similar, and many countries want this kind of application. But all ideas are important to make a difference. Go ahead OutSystems

I'm still hoping to the community to see mine too :)

One more great idea guys.