Hello,

I still don't quite understand the concept in the difference between the Types of Input Validations:

* Server

* Client and Server

* None

Can you help me?

Thank You

Server, the input validations will be validate in server side

Client and Server, before send to server, did a first validation in client side (eg.:your browser)

None, didn't do any validations.

Regards,

Miguel

Solution

Please, in add to last information, you can find all my information from last answer in this video:

Input Validation

Regards,
Miguel

Solution

Hello Karina,

What Miguel said in the above comment is right, but if still need more information please check this discussion:https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/32829/validations/

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Please, in add to last information, you can find all my information from last answer in this video:

Input Validation

Regards,
Miguel

I have mandatory fields.
With Server validation, it does not save.
With Server and Client validation, it does not save.
With no validation, it saves.

That is, I understood that mandatory fields with the Validation Server, he should save.

It's an example:

If you set the validation to "(none)", the Platform doesn't generate a validation message in the HTML. If you set it to Client & Server, it adds JavaScript to the button to check the mandatory input fields, and show the validation message if they're not supplied. If you set it to Server, the platform expects you to check the input yourself (e.g. not only for whether it's supplied at all, but also other validations, e.g. range), set the Valid to False and refresh the screen, so that the validation messages are shown.

You definitely don't need to check the Form.Valid server side, but you can do so if you want to perform additional checks.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Forms/Validate_the_fields_of_a_form

Karina Ferreira wrote:

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Input Validation

Regards,
Miguel

I have mandatory fields.
With Server validation, it does not save.
With Server and Client validation, it does not save.
With no validation, it saves.

That is, I understood that mandatory fields with the Validation Server, he should save.

hello karina ,

if validation fails in client-side, or server-side then it won't save, please check the user is entering the correct value in the input fields

in your case, it's saving "no validation", because its not validating, 

Understand.

Thank you foranswers