Comment out say Aggregate or Screen?

Hi, I refactored the database to make my querying easier and ended up with 32 Errors (things to change) before I was able to republish. Mainly from two or three screens. 

Commenting out as in code /** something not compiled **/

1. Is there some way of commenting out a screen (and all its sub-Actions) and so on?

2. Or to comment out a complex aggregate that I don't want to work on now as it populates chart or something, while I work on the basic form lists/tables and detail form screens, etc.?

I see discussion and Ideas dating back to 2010 but not much evidence of how to implement actual comments. I read somewhere that commenting out is possible in OS 11. 

Thanks in advance.

Charles

If the widgets and functions used are still working (ie, a green 1-publish button) then simple place these widgets after an If in the False output. In the If itself simple set the expression to True and the widgets and functions will never be actioned or displayed.

Is this what you are looking for? Commenting out via the traditional way of widgets is not possible, you can disable widgets in your actions though.

Greetings,

Vincent

Hello Charles,

I guess the only way to comment is using the comment widget, which you can use on screens, Web blocks and actions (picture below). You can also use the comments on the conditions/joins of that aggregate, expressions, etc. like this /*Comment here*/. The other way to comment code is to fill up all the descriptions of the actions, assigns to make the code even more clear.

Hope it helps! Regards,

Tiago

Solution

Train44ir.org (Charles) wrote:

Hi, I refactored the database to make my querying easier and ended up with 32 Errors (things to change) before I was able to republish. Mainly from two or three screens. 

Commenting out as in code /** something not compiled **/

1. Is there some way of commenting out a screen (and all its sub-Actions) and so on?

2. Or to comment out a complex aggregate that I don't want to work on now as it populates chart or something, while I work on the basic form lists/tables and detail form screens, etc.?

I see discussion and Ideas dating back to 2010 but not much evidence of how to implement actual comments. I read somewhere that commenting out is possible in OS 11. 

Thanks in advance.

Charles

Hi Charls,

Till now there is no way to comment your screen so that those are not included in the build when you do publish. But you can do that in action flow. Just right click any of the node you want to comment and select disable element.

For screen you have to use some tricks like save your module once in your local machine (using the export option available in module menu) in form of an oml. Then just delete those screens have errors and publish your module.

Later when you want to resolve these errors just go to below screen menu and select choose a file button in the dialog to use previously saved oml and merge your screens again.

Solution

Thanks all. As usual responses so quick that I only looked once I got an email and saw all of them! All useful thank you.