[Event System] How do I pass in multiple arguments?

Forge Component
(39)
Published on 2019-06-11 by Leonardo Fernandes
39 votes
Published on 2019-06-11 by Leonardo Fernandes

I would like to pass multiple arguments into Trigger or Invoke, and the prompt for the Args parameter says to add multiple Arg<Type>() functions for multiple arguments. I've tried literally adding my arguments with the following;

ArgIdentifier(Identifier) + ArgJSON(JSONSerializeMessage.JSON)

In the event, my identifier is available, but my JSON message is not. What am I doing wrong?

Mark Fournier wrote:

I would like to pass multiple arguments into Trigger or Invoke, and the prompt for the Args parameter says to add multiple Arg<Type>() functions for multiple arguments. I've tried literally adding my arguments with the following;

ArgIdentifier(Identifier) + ArgJSON(JSONSerializeMessage.JSON)

In the event, my identifier is available, but my JSON message is not. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Mark, this looks like a problem of how to develop and not a problem with this component, I would advise posting into the community forum where the help would come fast as usually is the proper place for this.

here is the link:https://www.outsystems.com/forums/Forum_Home.aspx

Hi Mark. What you are doing is correct, however I never really had time to document how to use it.

To read the arguments, you should invoke the Arg action/function twice. Each call to Arg retrieves one of the arguments.

I would recommend you map each argument as an input of the screen action, and when you bind the screen action to the event handler, you can use the Arg() as a function to retrieve the value. I'm attaching an example that uses two arguments.