[Croppie Web] Demo/ instructions

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2019-08-08 by Ana Calinhos
3 votes
Published on 2019-08-08 by Ana Calinhos

Hi,

I'm trying to use your component but can't follow the instructions you have on this.     How do i get the image into the widget?   I've tried using the file upload widget but can't see how i get the binary data into the crop tool.

Do you by nay chance have a demo?

Regards

Dev Armstrong wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to use your component but can't follow the instructions you have on this.     How do i get the image into the widget?   I've tried using the file upload widget but can't see how i get the binary data into the crop tool.

Do you by nay chance have a demo?

Regards

Hi Dev,

First of all, thank you for sharing your doubts with the community :)

On the Forge page of this component, you have the option to download the component only, or the component + a demo. 

My advice is for you to download this one and try to follow the steps.

If you still have any doubts by that time, feel free to share your .oml so I can take a look and help you out :)

Best regards,

Ana

Thanks Ana,    

I did not see that -   I'm sue i'll be able to get it working with that to help me. 

Regards

OK I can now see how to get this to work in general,  but am i right in that the crop style cannot be modified?  Does this only support a circle crop?

Dev Armstrong wrote:

OK I can now see how to get this to work in general,  but am i right in that the crop style cannot be modified?  Does this only support a circle crop?

Yes, this version only supports a circled mask since the CSS of the component was defined that way.

I might consider an upgrade for a square mask in the future.

The crop will always be squared, however, it will show as a circle due to the mask over the image widget.

Regards,

Ana