Create an email with a datagrid of information

I'm creating an email object that has a preparation action. In this preparation action, I have an aggregate that joins 2 tables. Using this aggregate, I need to display a list of data in the email. Very similar to using a data table/datagrid on a form. I've unsuccessfully tried using the TableRecords and ListRecords objects, but they don't seem to be aware of the aggregate that is in the preparation action.

We are using Traditional Web on version 11.

Whatever help you can give will be greatly appreciated,

Paul

Paul Bainter wrote:

I'm creating an email object that has a preparation action. In this preparation action, I have an aggregate that joins 2 tables. Using this aggregate, I need to display a list of data in the email. Very similar to using a data table/datagrid on a form. I've unsuccessfully tried using the TableRecords and ListRecords objects, but they don't seem to be aware of the aggregate that is in the preparation action.

Paul

Simply you need to display table in email body that is your need??

Salman Ansari wrote:

Paul Bainter wrote:

Paul

Yes, it will be a join between 2 tables.

Paul Bainter wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Paul Bainter wrote:

Paul

Please do like the attached

Salman Ansari wrote:

Paul Bainter wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Paul Bainter wrote:

Paul

Thank you for the information, it confirmed what I was doing right. My solution wasn't working because my aggregate was using a session property value to perform the query. Once I realized that I couldn't do that and passed in the value instead, it started working correctly.

So thank you very much, it was very helpful to get me to the next step.

Paul

Solution

Paul Bainter wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Paul Bainter wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Paul Bainter wrote:

Paul

Thank you for the information, it confirmed what I was doing right. My solution wasn't working because my aggregate was using a session property value to perform the query. Once I realized that I couldn't do that and passed in the value instead, it started working correctly.

So thank you very much, it was very helpful to get me to the next step.

Paul

Good to know you got the solution.

please mark as solution so that other can take advantage of this post

Happy coding :)

Solution