Views
Comments
import an excel from excel,then compare the data with the existing data
Question

Hi All,

I have an application requirement where I need to import an excel from outside and compare this data with the existing data in the application.

After comparing both excels, filter only those rows which have unique data.

Then, overwrite the existing data in the application with the new excel data.

I am able to import an excel but not understanding where to save it and how to proceed.Please help me on this.

Regards,

Ankita

Hi Ankita,

Try to create bootstrap action for your entity. This action helps you to understand how to work with excel. Then change logic. Add logic that compare records instead writing all data. 

How to add bootstrap action: 

Ankita k wrote:

Hi All,

I have an application requirement where I need to import an excel from outside and compare this data with the existing data in the application.

After comparing both excels, filter only those rows which have unique data.

Then, overwrite the existing data in the application with the new excel data.

I am able to import an excel but not understanding where to save it and how to proceed.Please help me on this.

Regards,

Ankita

Hi Ankita,

you can do something like below.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ankita k,

Adding one more possible action flow to achieve your requirement:

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi,

you can find lot of examples and information in community.

Let me show you some of them:

When you want to update a row in the table you need to have its id (primary key) which you can use to update the record. When you use CreateOrUpdate action it checks if you passed the id of the record than it updates the record if not it creates a new record.

Now in case when you are uploading the excel and you dont have your id column there ,what you can do is check with some unique value in the entity if record exists use that id with the new data and pass the record in CreateOrUpdate action.

Cheers,
Miguel