To have multiple dashboard in single homepage based on role

Hi all,

I'm seeking for design idea or solution to have two different dashboard for different users and roles.
User A with role A can only view dashboard A.
User B with role B can only view dashboard B.
User C with role A and B to view dashboard A and B.

I was thinking to use accordion to put dashboard A while dashboard B remain on screen.
Are there any other solution for this?

Thank you.

I use Cards for grouping these things (assuming they are small). And then with a simple If statement to toggle them on or off. But it all depend on the size of the dashboard components and the need of the customer.

Gwen wrote:

Hi all,

I'm seeking for design idea or solution to have two different dashboard for different users and roles.

I was thinking to use accordion to put dashboard A while dashboard B remain on screen.

Thank you.

I would suggest creating a blank page with Preparation and inside the preparation a switch verifying the roles and redirect to the proper Dashboard Screen

Gwen wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you.

Hi Gwen,

Please check below will help to make your dashboard.

https://uxplanet.org/10-rules-for-better-dashboard-design-ef68189d734c

Solution

Hi Gwen,

I would suggest a similar approach as Carlos, but instead of a blank page I would create a landing page that would function as a portal. In the Preparation of this Portal page I would create a redirect mechanism based on the roles so that User A and User B could be instantly redirected to either Dashboard A or Dashboard B screen (without viewing the Portal page).

But for User C (who has both roles A and B), we will show two links to Dashboard A and Dashboard B on the Portal page (you could use two Card widgets wrapped around by a Link widget for example). In the Preparation of the Portal page we will need to check if a user has both roles A en B and continue the flow if this is the case. This way only User C will get to view the Portal page and select to which Dashboard to navigate.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Gwen,

I would suggest a similar approach as Carlos, but instead of a blank page I would create a landing page that would function as a portal. In the Preparation of this Portal page I would create a redirect mechanism based on the roles so that User A and User B could be instantly redirected to either Dashboard A or Dashboard B screen (without viewing the Portal page).

But for User C (who has both roles A and B), we will show two links to Dashboard A and Dashboard B on the Portal page (you could use two Card widgets wrapped around by a Link widget for example). In the Preparation of the Portal page we will need to check if a user has both roles A en B and continue the flow if this is the case. This way only User C will get to view the Portal page and select to which Dashboard to navigate.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thank you for your suggestion! It helps a lot!

Hi Gwen,

Glad I could help :). Please mark the answer that helped you most as solution.

Regards,

Nordin