Notify UI interface from BPT

HI,

I have one scenario where i want to insert bulk data in to entity from xls fie. I wanted to use BPT to execute this scenario. After completion of bulk insert how can I notify on User interface that insertion has completed.

thanks......

Hi Rohan,

For Traditional Web you can check out this answer and this one from the same post.

For Reactive Web check out the answer given in this post. The idea is to use Javascript that calls a Client action. Inside that action you poll the status of your process and update the UI based on that status.

In both cases you can use the Process Metadata Entities to query the status of your processes. 

So you cannot notify a screen from BPT since it's asynchronous a runs in a different transaction. Therefore you should think of this from the perspective of the screen you want to update based on process completion. From that screen you poll for the status of the process and if the process has completed, you update the screen.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Rohan,

For Traditional Web you can check out this answer and this one from the same post.

For Reactive Web check out the answer given in this post. The idea is to use Javascript that calls a Client action. Inside that action you poll the status of your process and update the UI based on that status.

In both cases you can use the Process Metadata Entities to query the status of your processes. 

So you cannot notify a screen from BPT since it's asynchronous a runs in a different transaction. Therefore you should think of this from the perspective of the screen you want to update based on process completion. From that screen you poll for the status of the process and if the process has completed, you update the screen.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thanks for the reply....i just wanted to know how can i notify in User interface from the process.

thanks.... 

Hi Rohan,

I'm still not sure what type of application you are developing.

If it's a Reactive Web application, there is an example OML in this post you can take a look at.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Rohan,

You can use Callback method of BPT.Like "On Activity Close" 

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Rohan,

If it's a Reactive Web application, there is an example OML in this post you can take a look at.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

I am using traditional web app..

thanks...

Salman Ansari wrote:

Hi Rohan,

ok we can do it by using callback functions, right.....thanks. 

Rohan Hanumante wrote:

Salman Ansari wrote:

Hi Rohan,

ok we can do it by using callback functions, right.....thanks. 

Yes we can even perform some logic as well in call back method of BPT

Hi Salman,

You cannot notify a screen from Process or Activity callback actions

Like I mentioned in my first reply, processes run asynchronously and in a separate transaction.

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Rohan Hanumante wrote:

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Rohan,

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

I am using traditional web app..

thanks...

Hi Rohan,

I have added an OML based on this post I had shared with you earlier (kudos to José Costa!). 

The only difference is, it uses the process metadata entities to check if the process has completed.

Check out a demo application here.

I hope you find it useful!

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Hi Rohan,

Did you get a chance to look at the posted OML? Was that a type of solution you were looking for?

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Rohan,

Did you get a chance to look at the posted OML? Was that a type of solution you were looking for?

Regards,

Nordin

hi Nordin,

Thanks for the solution. That's what i am looking for. thanks a lot.

You’re most welcome Rohan. 

Enjoy the power of the OutSystems platform! ;-)