How to add data series inside the data series chart?

Hi everyone,

i want to show the bar chart just like this

how can i build chart like that? how can i add data series inside the data series with datapoint structure?

thanks for advance.

Roman.

Hi Roman,

If you want to plot different series, all you have to do is use a different DataSeriesName in your DataPointRecord for each series you append to your DataPointList. This post shows an example.

EDIT: I found this Success article from OutSystems that explains it too.

Regards,

Nordin

@Nordin: Roman wants a stacked column chart, so it's not as simple as the links you posted.

@Roman: I have an example somewhere, I'll post it later.

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Roman,

If you want to plot different series, all you have to do is use a different DataSeriesName in your DataPointRecord for each series you append to your DataPointList. This post shows an example.

EDIT: I found this Success article from OutSystems that explains it too.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

currently, my chart is like this.

i want to split one bar like this,

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

@Nordin: Roman wants a stacked column chart, so it's not as simple as the links you posted.

@Roman: I have an example somewhere, I'll post it later.

Ah yes, I didn't notice that. Glad you can share an example.

Thanks Kilian.

Solution

Meanwhile, I found I have answered this question before :).

Solution

Nice :). Thanks for sharing it again!

Here's an example. You can view it here.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Meanwhile, I found I have answered this question before :).

Thanks its work!

Good to hear! So basically the two things you need to do is 1) set the chart's stacking type to "Entities.StackingType.Stacked", and 2) specify the stack name in the chart's AdvancedFormat.DataSeriesFormats by specifying the data series name in DataSeriesName, and the stack name as "stack: 'myStack1'" in the DataSeriesJSON (where myStack1 is a name of your chosing, and which should be different for each stack).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Good to hear! So basically the two things you need to do is 1) set the chart's stacking type to "Entities.StackingType.Stacked", and 2) specify the stack name in the chart's AdvancedFormat.DataSeriesFormats by specifying the data series name in DataSeriesName, and the stack name as "stack: 'myStack1'" in the DataSeriesJSON (where myStack1 is a name of your chosing, and which should be different for each stack).

yup, but how we can short the stack? i think its not shoting by stack name...

I just answered that question, but then the forum got time-outs and it's gone...

Anyway, the data series are displayed in the order you add them to the DataPoints List. So if you need a particular sort order, you have to add them in that order.