autocomplete messes up "Custom Input Masks"

We have several forms in our application and non of these particular forms are doing anything with username and password. We are also testing this application on Google Chrome.

We have set autocomplete="off" in the "Property = Value" part of each edit field and also in the Form object and even on the window. Autocomplete continues to be enabled, which is very troublesome.

The real problem is that we are also using "Custom Input Masks" from the Forge and when the autocomplete kicks in, fields such as zip code end up with a single digit in the last character and nothing else. I either need to get the autocomplete to really be off, or somehow get the Custom Input Mask to work correctly with autocomplete on.

We also do Ajax Submit on these pages.

Can anyone help us with fixing this problem either way?

Thank you,

Paul

Hi Paul,

The autocomplete="off" should do the trick is my experience. By any chance, there are plugins installed in the browser like Lastpass or something similar that still provide the values to your inputs? 

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Paul,

The autocomplete="off" should do the trick is my experience. By any chance, there are plugins installed in the browser like Lastpass or something similar that still provide the values to your inputs? 

Regards,

Daniel

No, none of that stuff.  I do have one more piece of information. I do have one window that accepted my autocomplete="off", but none of those input fields are inside a "Form" object. Could the actual Form object be causing this? The Form object also has autocomplete set to off, but that didn't help.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I don't think the autocomplete on the form is of any use.

See also this website for how good different type of browsers support this feature:

https://caniuse.com/#search=autocomplete

For example, Safari behaves differently for certain input types like password, username, and email.

Regards,

Daniel

Interesting because the page that works correctly and the page that doesn't are both being served by the same browser.

Thank you for your help,

Paul

Paul,

If you have a working and a non-working page, you should be able to point out the difference between them.

Regards,

Daniel

You are right and the only difference that I can determine is the Form object. I'll keep working on it