Community Edition -- Setting up access

Community Edition -- Setting up access

Hi,

I am a newbie and learning it using great training lessons available here.

I am using community edition and developed a small site for my team. Now I have for example contact_Edit, contact_show & contact_list screens.

how could I give access to team members only to contact_list? and not to the rest of the two ?

also, I would like to hide some links on contact_list like Create new contact or edit new contact etc.,

basically, I would like give read only access to my developers yet keep every thing for admin access.
Hi,

The best way to manage access control in your applications using OutSystems is to use permission areas. There are several built-in actions available to grant, revoke and check a users' permissions. You can also set which permissions are required to access which webscreen.

If you're looking into hiding elements of a screen according to permission areas, you can use the output of the CheckPermission built-in functions to feed your webscreen elements' Display properties or the Condition property of If widgets.

For information on Permission Areas, you can check Service Studio online help. If you have any doubts, we'll be glad to help.
Hi,

You can also take a look into this academy tutorial on authentication and security or this post on how-to add a login to an existing application.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões