[Multilingual Component] Cannot read property 'tagName' of null

Forge Component
(16)
Published on 20 May (12 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
16 votes
Published on 20 May (12 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

When I try to load resource from file I get the error 

Cannot read property 'tagName' of null

The json file is a resource file with deploy action "Deploy to Target Directory"

The json is just like the example

[
    {
        "locale": "pt",
        "isRightToLeft": false,
        "translations": {
            "3973c4fe-52c7-42ec-b556-ffa1aa634916": "Tarefas",
            "419ee7c8-b26a-4b6d-ac98-7c46bf22e2ed": "Data Limite não pode ser uma data no passado.",
            "UpgradeComplete": "A app foi actualizada para a versão mais recente.",
            "Validation.Mandatory": "Campo obrigatório."
        }
    }
]

Any help?

thanks

Ricardo

The same error occurs if I replace the AddTranslationsFromResource action for AddTranslations (adding the translations from a previous created list)

What am I missing here?

thanks

Ricardo

Hello Ricardo,

Is there a reason why these lines are not defined with GUIDs?

"UpgradeComplete": "A app foi actualizada para a versão mais recente.",
"Validation.Mandatory": "Campo obrigatório."


I think that you need to define a GUID for every translation.


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hello Ricardo,

Is there a reason why these lines are not defined with GUIDs?

"UpgradeComplete": "A app foi actualizada para a versão mais recente.",
"Validation.Mandatory": "Campo obrigatório."


I think that you need to define a GUID for every translation.


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

acording to the documentation it doesn't need to be GUIDs

"The value of the attribute is a key (a text, also known as the “resource key”.) Keys don’tneed to follow a specific format, but you should ensure their uniqueness: two widgetswith the same key will be translated at runtime to the same value. A simple way to avoidduplicates is to use GUIDs."

One is the key and the other the value (the translated text)

Thanks

Ricardo

Hi again Ricardo,

I asked about GUIDs because it's the only thing that is different from my solution. Besides that, my JSON is pretty much similar (and a lot bigger). I would give it a try, just in case.


Another thing: by any chance, do you have any other resources in your application, alongside with the JSON? Back in the days, I had some problems because I had more than one file in the resources folder. I removed it and it worked properly afterwards.


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hi again Ricardo,

I asked about GUIDs because it's the only thing that is different from my solution. Besides that, my JSON is pretty much similar (and a lot bigger). I would give it a try, just in case.


Another thing: by any chance, do you have any other resources in your application, alongside with the JSON? Back in the days, I had some problems because I had more than one file in the resources folder. I removed it and it worked properly afterwards.


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui, 

I will try that but the problem still occurs if instead of loading de translations from a resource file I add them dynamically. In that case there is no resource file so the problem must be other. 

I'm going to make more tests, maybe a clean application just with this component and try to find the problem... 

Thanks

Ricardo 


Hi Ricardo,

Okay then, please try that and let us know.


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hello,

I know now that the problem was because I have my multilingual web block inside the application's top menu and I was using OutSystems' Navigation\Submenu (with some flags to chose the language...)

I don't know why this happens but as soon as I removed the Navigation\Submenu and just used some containers/links/images the AddTranslationFromResource/AddTranslation started working.

I wiil try to get more info on this...

Thanks guys!

Thank you for sharing the info Ricardo.

You should mark your own response as solution.


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas