Deploy Production to Development environment

Hello All,

For web applications, is there a way to update the development/test environment with the updated modules from the production environment to make them in sync? (Currently, the production environment has the latest version)

I tried looking into the the service centre applications deployment, but it seems like deployment only goes from Development -> Testing -> Production. I would like to update Development <- Testing <- Production to make them all the same before i continue development.

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

As others said below, you can do a "backwards" deployment or make a deployment by changing the order of the environments (by putting Dev/Test after Production) but changing the deployment order or environment order is not really recommended and needs to be handled with care.

What you can also do is a "backwards propagation"; you simply merge the code in Production with the code in the development/test environments. You can take a look at the "Propagate the Hotfix" topic in the following link:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Deploy_Applications/Apply_a_Hotfix

Hi AaronN

Do you have access to lifetime? There is a possibility to temporarily change the order of the environments to resolve this situation.

Regards,

Diana Milheiro

Diana Milheiro wrote:

Hi AaronN

Do you have access to lifetime? There is a possibility to temporarily change the order of the environments to resolve this situation.

Regards,

Diana Milheiro

Hi Diana,

I do have access to lifetime, how do you temporarily change the order of environments?

Aaron

In the Environments Tab you will see something like this:

Switch the order, do the necessary deployment, and after that go back to the original definition.

You have two solutions:

- Or through LifeTime change the "order" of the servers, and you can deploy Production to Dev;

- Or via the service center, make a solution of what you want, download the solution, and upload that solution to the Dev service center.

Cheers,
Miguel

Solution

I believe it's possible to deploy from production to another environment by clicking the small triangles next to the environment names while creating your deployment plan, and selecting a different target/source environment in the dropdown. 

Solution

Hi all,

Bas is right.

You can deploy from any to any environment, disregarding the normal route from dev->test->qa->prod

Click the rectangle right to the environement name, and select the one of the displayed options.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks guys for all the methods, really appreciate it.

I was able to deploy to devl/test from production using what Bas said.

Thanks again!