Consuming Webservice with soap headers

Consuming Webservice with soap headers

Hi,

I have an eSpace that consumes a web service, made in .net with soap header. When i try to fill the soap header using the enhancedwebreferences extension, i'm having this error "Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

The version of the platform is 4.1.3.72.
The webservice is installed on the same machine/iis as the outsystems platform.

I made a simple project in .net to test the webservice, and everything works fine...
I've tried the example that comes with the extension and didn't work...

Any sugestion?

Thanks in advance
Cecília Oliveira
Hi Cecília,

The better way to try to understand the problem is to check the error stack trace. So, you'll need to go the Service Center and check the error stack-trace on Monitoring\Error Log.

Could you please dump the related error(s) stack trace(s)?

By the way, which version of the 'Enhanced-WebReferences' are you using?

Regards,
João Portela
Hi João,

I'm using EnhancedWebReferences 4.1.2 version.

Here goes my stack trace:

Id:0b2e015b-f314-4030-9314-db405b60699b

Time of Log:2010-04-05 10:03:23

eSpace Name:EnhancedWRSample

Tenant Name:EnhancedWRSample

User Id:0

Session Id:e4hlcm45znx4wtiislabxg55

Server:OUTSYSDEV

Module Name:Web Reference

Message:Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack:
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at ssEnhancedWRSample.WebClient4275.SGFT.SGFTLogin(WORCSGFTUtilizadorRecord& SGFTLoginResult)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 6 (Id=17306, PubId=19347)
RequestUrl: http://outsysdev.ana.pt/EnhancedWRSample/SOAPHeaders.aspx
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/EnhancedWRSample-53-129149317886737079
FilePath: C:\...\HS\running\EnhancedWRSample\SOAPHeaders.aspx
Locale: en-US
DateFormat: yyyy-MM-dd
PID: 8072 ('w3wp', Started='4/4/2010 6:47:02 AM', Priv=546Mb, Virt=1311Mb)
TID: 27
.NET: 2.0.50727.1873

Thanks in advance,

Cecília Oliveira

Hi Cecília,

The strange about the error stack trace is that the error is being thrown in the Microsoft C# code.

I notice that the espace you're running is the sample eSpace distributed within the component. Are you testing this sample? Or you already changed the espace to run against another application?

Regards,
João Portela
Hi  João,

I've tested the sample, but then i've added my webservice webreference, and i've tried to use the same code as in the example.

Cecília

Hi,

Is it possible to send me your espaces? (both sample and target espace)

Regards,
João Portela

Hi João,

I'm using the sample eSpace to do my testing.

Thanks in advance,
Cecília
Hi Cecília,

The eSpace looks, but I would suggest to set the target-namespace of the header xml (adding  xmlns="http://tempuri.org/" in the AuthHeader xml element).

Also, the error seems to be thrown by the external server. Maybe you can check if there's some kind of log from this external site.

Regards,
João Portela

Hi Cecilia,

Did you solve your problem? If not, I suggest you to contact Outsystems Product Support (support@outsystems.com).

Regards,
João Portela
Hi João,

Sorry the delay... i've tried your sugestion didn't work... i've already contacted the outsystems support.

Thanks
Cecília