Is there a Forge Mobile Application that allows me to make conference calls offline?

Hello everyone,

I have been tasked by my supervisor if it is possible to make a mobile app that has access to a user's Phone book and would make it possible for a user to dial two or more phone numbers and have them get connected to one call without going online. The context to this is that we observed that not everyone gets a stable online connection all the time and most don't even know how to manually add people to one call. So what my supervisor thought about is, what if we made an app that has a user interface that displays people in the phone book and would allow that user to dial multiple numbers from the phone book without going online. It's basically like a conference call without using video and online connection. 

My supervisor mentioned that it would be easier if I could find a forge app/component that does that. I wasn't sure what keywords to use in search of a component that does that which is why I'd like to ask the community if anyone has ever encountered a Forge app/component like what I've mentioned.

Edit: To give a better understanding to what I mean. Kindly refer to the images below.
This first image shows how our phones connect to the internet. We either turn on the "Wi-Fi" Connection or the "Cellular Data" connection. So basically want these turned off while I take the call using the app. So I'm basically offline.

BUT whether you're connected to the internet or not, your phone has the network connection of a SIM card. It isn't an internet connection per se since all you can do with it is make phone calls and send text messages. Now this is what I mean by the app making the conference call without going online. Is there a Forge app/component that makes use of the phone's SIM card network connection and make the calls to two or more people? 

I'd appreciate your responses!

I must have misunderstood, but how do you want to do such an action without communicating with the network, with the server?

If you are offline, everything you do is just your device. But I must have misunderstood what you want.

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

I must have misunderstood, but how do you want to do such an action without communicating with the network, with the server?

If you are offline, everything you do is just your device. But I must have misunderstood what you want.

Hi Miguel, thank you for your response. I would like to do the action without connecting to the internet. So basically I would just use the network connection of the SIM Card. I have edited my post to provide better context to what I mean by making a call without going online.

Hi Reynald,

I do not think such a Forge component exists. All communication from an OutSystems mobile app will either go thru mobile internet 3G/4G/5G or WIFI. Not the mobile signal used for calling.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Reynald,

I do not think such a Forge component exists. All communication from an OutSystems mobile app will either go thru mobile internet 3G/4G/5G or WIFI. Not the mobile signal used for calling.

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you for your response Daniel! I will be discussing it with my superiors to see where we can go from here.