Administrator permission required - AbsenceManager

Administrator permission required - AbsenceManager

Hi,

I am using the Platform Server Community Edition, published the component AbsenceManager, "I have made some changes necessary to work, but now I have a problem of permissions. Already joined in the EnterpriseManger the business users Admin privileges to "administrator", "HumanResources" etc., but I still always get the same error after login. Can you give me a hand. Thanks, Vitor Santos

Descrição do erro:

Id: 7f9732c1-88d6-48c8-af45-ef1b5ecb0b77 Time of Log: 2010-04-07 23:09:34 eSpace Name: AbsencesManager Tenant Name: AbsencesManager User Id: 0 Session Id: e334vwmgm14utdq4d33yiqvr Server: VSANTOS Module Name: Message: Administrator permission required Stack: at ssAbsencesManager.Flows.FlowFrontOffice.ScrnVacationsEdit.CheckPermissions(HeContext heContext) at ssAbsencesManager.Flows.FlowFrontOffice.ScrnVacationsEdit.Preparation(HeContext heContext) at ssAbsencesManager.Flows.FlowFrontOffice.ScrnVacationsEdit.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) -Env- eSpaceVer: 4 (Id=63, PubId=46, CompiledWith=5.0.2.6) RequestUrl: http://vsantos/AbsencesManager/admin/Map_.aspx?_ts=634062782988086708 AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/AbsencesManager/admin-11-129151514998067279 FilePath: C:\...\PS\test\AbsencesManager\admin\VacationsEdit.aspx Locale: en-US DateFormat: yyyy-MM-dd PID: 7052 ('w3wp', Started='07-04-2010 20:43:05', Priv=374Mb, Virt=3013Mb) TID: 7 .NET: 2.0.50727.4927
Hi Vitor.

From only the error that has been logged, what this is saying - apparently - is that someone who has not been logged in is trying to access a resource that requires Administrator permission.

The User Id = 0 is usually related to an anonymous user - are you sure you are executing the proper login logic during the login action, before entering the desired screen? This is my major suspicion - that something is going wrong here.

About the specific screen, I would suggest you would go to the Web Screen logs in service center, hoping that the screen that you requested has been logged. From the stack I am unsure if what's giving the error is the "Map" screen/webblock, or a "VacationsEdit" screen/webblock.

If this doesn't help, send us your eSpace - maybe someone can spot something, by looking at it.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

I think is a problem with login...
Please see the attachment.

Thanks,
Hi Vitor.

Just by looking at the eSpace, I would suggest that one problem might be that your User Provider eSpace should be set to the Enterprise Manager eSpace. Try changing it to EnterpriseManager in the eSpace properties, and see if that's what's messing it around.

Furthermore, could you describe in a bit more detail what happens, what's your use case?

You open the browser, type an URL and then what? Does it show a login window? Does it go directly to the error page? And is this a crash - or do you just see the page saying "Invalid Permissions"?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Hi Paulo,

Your tip worked ... I now have a problem with the calendar, then select holidays for instance, dates are not recorded by viewing the history, it seems, and that is to always keep 1900-01-01.
Thanks,
Hi Vitor.

That would seem like a problem with the usage of the Calendar widget - but by your description, I cannot understand what might be happening, since I never used it.

I would suggest you to create a new post with a title related to "AbsenceManager Calendar problem" and explaining step by step what is the problem you are facing:

1 -what screen you are in,
2 - where do you click,
3 - what do you expect to happen, and
4 - what is actually happening.

Maybe attaching the eSpace there will help as well - and probably people who know AbsenceManager and the Calendar will go there :) Here, it's more likely that the people who come here know about the Administrator permission.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense, but it's the best way I can see for someone who can actually help you to do so - and it will also help me see if I can help you with that problem as well!

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares