Launching the new Associate Tech Lead certification for OutSystems 11!

Hey everyone,

We hope you’re all keeping safe in the best way possible.

We’re now in our 9th week working from home and we keep cooking up new certifications for OutSystems professionals.

This week we’re excited to announce the release of the new Associate Tech Lead certification for OutSystems 11!

Who is it for?

This certification is aimed at experienced OutSystems developers and it is independent of the development paradigm. Meaning that to take the Associate Tech Lead certification for OutSystems 11, you’ll need to be a certified Associate Developer, of any kind - really, either Reactive Web, Mobile, or Traditional Web.

If you are already an Associate Tech Lead for O10, we recommend that you DO NOT take this new exam at this time. All version O10 certifications will be discontinued when the mainstream support for version 10 ends, on May 31st. By then, the already certified  O10 Associate Tech Leads will have their certification badge updated to O11.

So, we’re guessing there the questions that come to mind:

What topics will I find on this new certification?

- Development Best Practices;

- Architecture;

- Agile Development;

- Infrastructure Management & Application Deployment.

How can I prepare?

We have an online guided path, Becoming a Tech Lead, and also a bunch of other online resources to help you get ready for the exam. You can find more information about how to study on the Associate Tech Lead O11 exam detail sheet.

How can I take it?

Go to our Certification Page and register for the exam, following the required steps.

Any other questions crossing your mind? Feel free to find your answers on our Learn Page.

Struggling to find your answers? Reach us on training@outsystems.com.

Let’s keep on upskilling our OutSystems’ talent and continue to change the world.

Good luck with the exam, and stay safe!

Manuel Salgado
Head of Training @ OutSystems

Manuel Salgado wrote:

Hey everyone,

We hope you’re all keeping safe in the best way possible.

We’re now in our 9th week working from home and we keep cooking up new certifications for OutSystems professionals.

This week we’re excited to announce the release of the new Associate Tech Lead certification for OutSystems 11!

Who is it for?

This certification is aimed at experienced OutSystems developers and it is independent of the development paradigm. Meaning that to take the Associate Tech Lead certification for OutSystems 11, you’ll need to be a certified Associate Developer, of any kind - really, either Reactive Web, Mobile, or Traditional Web.

If you are already an Associate Tech Lead for O10, we recommend that you DO NOT take this new exam at this time. All version O10 certifications will be discontinued when the mainstream support for version 10 ends, on May 31st. By then, the already certified  O10 Associate Tech Leads will have their certification badge updated to O11.

So, we’re guessing there the questions that come to mind:

What topics will I find on this new certification?

- Development Best Practices;

- Architecture;

- Agile Development;

- Infrastructure Management & Application Deployment.

How can I prepare?

We have an online guided path, Becoming a Tech Lead, and also a bunch of other online resources to help you get ready for the exam. You can find more information about how to study on the Associate Tech Lead O11 exam detail sheet.

How can I take it?

Go to our Certification Page and register for the exam, following the required steps.

Any other questions crossing your mind? Feel free to find your answers on our Learn Page.

Struggling to find your answers? Reach us on training@outsystems.com.

Let’s keep on upskilling our OutSystems’ talent and continue to change the world.

Good luck with the exam, and stay safe!

Manuel Salgado
Head of Training @ OutSystems

Hi,

Thanks for this post.

Please all, why you like a post, just press the Like button. If you feel the need to leave a comment, don't press the reply button... 

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Please all, why you like a post, just press the Like button. If you feel the need to leave a comment, don't press the reply button... 

But but, If I want to leave a comment I need to press the reply button. So much confusion... ;)

anyhow, great news. This exam is on my shortlist! :D

No you need not! the bottom of the page you can leave a comment and press the submit button, like I do now. No need to include the complete original post, and create long pages that needs a lot of scrolling.

Following up on this:

Please all, why you like a post, just press the Like button. If you feel the need to leave a comment, don't press the reply button... 

(see? this is a correct use of "Reply")

Another advantage of simply pressing "Like", is that you don't start following the topic and getting an email every time someone writes "Like".

And think in all the people above you that will get an unnecessary email just because you had to write Like.

Oh, man. Taking my Tech lead for OS10 next Monday. Will I have to take a delta exam, or will I get the equivalent for 11 like it happened with web and mobile certs?

This is great news Manuel! I’m happy to see the certification exams being upgraded to OutSystems 11!

One more question though. What if you already scheduled for an Associate Tech Lead O10 exam. Any chance in rescheduling it for an Associate Tech Lead O11 exam?

If that means I need to send email to training@outsystems.com, let me know and I will do that :).

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

Regards,

Nordin

Ah now I see Mariano asked the same kind of question, sorry about that! :)

Nordin &  Mariano,

If you pass the TL O10 exam, your certification will automatically be changed into a TL O11 exam.

As written in the OP:

All version O10 certifications will be discontinued when the mainstream support for version 10 ends, on May 31st. By then, the already certified  O10 Associate Tech Leads will have their certification badge updated to O11.

Absolutely right, that's what I get for skimming over the information instead of reading thoroughly. 

Great new. Now all I have to do is pass the exam :D

Thanks Daniël, but I actually was curious to take the new exam! :)

I do not believe there is substantial difference between the exams.

It's happening exactly the same for other O10 certifications. You can check it on the certifications link (https://www.outsystems.com/learn/certifications/):

Note: On May 31st, the mainstream support for OutSystems 10 will end, and so the Professional Web Developer O10 certification will be discontinued. By that time, all OutSystems 10 Professional Web Developers will receive an OutSystems 11 Professional Web Developer badge automatically.

Note: On May 31st, the mainstream support for OutSystems 10 will end, and so the Associate Tech Lead O10 certification will be discontinued. By that time, all OutSystems 10 Associate Tech Leads will receive an OutSystems 11 badge automatically.

The content of the new exams should be pretty much the same.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Great for new O11 Tech Lead certification.... and it comes with backward compatibility support (all OutSystems 10 Associate Tech Leads will receive an OutSystems 11 badge automatically) ;)

Hello,

I recently obtained my Associate web developer 11 certification and have not yet had experience with any company as developer OutSystems. My question is about the following excerpt from the post:

"All version O10 certifications will be discontinued when the mainstream support for version 10 ends, on May 31st"

Would you like to understand the extent to which discontinuing version 10 support works? For example, a company that has version 10 will need to migrate to version 11 until May 31st or may remain in version 10, but will not have the support of OutSystems if there is a problem with this version?

Congratulations on this new certification!

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards, 

Jessica Marques. 

Jessica Marques wrote:

Hello,

I recently obtained my Associate web developer 11 certification and have not yet had experience with any company as developer OutSystems. My question is about the following excerpt from the post:

"All version O10 certifications will be discontinued when the mainstream support for version 10 ends, on May 31st"

Would you like to understand the extent to which discontinuing version 10 support works? For example, a company that has version 10 will need to migrate to version 11 until May 31st or may remain in version 10, but will not have the support of OutSystems if there is a problem with this version?

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards, 

Jessica Marques. 

Hello Jessica,

Thanks!

Find here an OutSystems article about the End of Mainstream Support for OutSystems Platform 10 that can help clarify your questions.

Best regards,

Manuel

Hi guys,

All certifications were mentioned here, except for the Expert. Will it also happen?

Cheers

Manuel Salgado wrote:

Jessica Marques wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards, 

Jessica Marques. 

Hello Jessica,

Thanks!

Find here an OutSystems article about the End of Mainstream Support for OutSystems Platform 10 that can help clarify your questions.

Best regards,

Manuel

Hi Manuel, 

I will read this article. Thanks for your help!

Best Regards, 

Jessica Marques

Thank you, OS for upgrading the certifications, I hope this will happen for expert also :)

Thanks for the details. This one is on my TO DO list and I am planning to complete in a month or so. 

Do we have any sample set of questions for the lead certification also ? 

Thanks for the update, this is good news, sure will happening with the expert one but not seen this writing in anywhere

Do we have any sample set of questions for the lead certification also ? 

Sri, like most certifications, you can do the path.

There is also an Exam Details file with a list of topics you should be prepared for.

Hi, 

I went through the course and wanted to revise the topics once before the test. As I was downloading the lesson materials for this path, I realised that some of the courses materials were not available. 

Following are the courses which does not have the course materials available for download. 

1. Infrastructure Management

2. Solution Release

3. Operations Tuning

Sri Hari Kiran wrote:

Hi, 

I went through the course and wanted to revise the topics once before the test. As I was downloading the lesson materials for this path, I realised that some of the courses materials were not available. 

Following are the courses which does not have the course materials available for download. 

1. Infrastructure Management

2. Solution Release

3. Operations Tuning

Hi, If you check now, you find all the course materials.

Yes. Thank you. 

Manuel Salgado wrote:

Hey everyone,

.... Meaning that to take the Associate Tech Lead certification for OutSystems 11, you’ll need to be a certified Associate Developer, of any kind - .....

Hi Manuel, I just open a ticket..I am an Associate Mobile Developer, but I'm not able to pre-register to Tech Lead Certification.

For what reason?

Thank you