[AppLauncherPlugin] Getting error code 3 and message"Application not found for uri" in case of valid uri

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 7 May (3 weeks ago) by Armando Gomes
6 votes
Published on 7 May (3 weeks ago) by Armando Gomes

Hi,

I am getting error "Application not found for uri" in case of valid uri". Please let me know how we can use uri to launch/access the separate mobile application. Am I doing any wrong assignment, please do let me know.

Please find the attached screenshot how i am passing data 

Error Message:

Regards,

Dileep

Dileep,

I have this plugin implemented and in use and I haven't faced such issue. Are you sure the launch URI is correct? I usually don't use the base.main.MainActivity in my URI's.

Cheers!

Armando Gomes wrote:

Dileep,

I have this plugin implemented and in use and I haven't faced such issue. Are you sure the launch URI is correct? I usually don't use the base.main.MainActivity in my URI's.

Cheers

Hi 

Hi Armando,  thanks for the reply.

This is the Uri provided by the developer of destination android application. So what Uri u are generally used in case of this.

When I am using package name application is getting launched but using Uri getting the above error.

Can you please give me the format of correct Uri in android?

Regards,

Dileep

If you try to launch by package name, does it go to the correct place? Because I would say that is the same behavior as launching the MainActivity.

Armando Gomes wrote:

If you try to launch by package name, does it go to the correct place? Because I would say that is the same behavior as launching the MainActivity.

If I am launching through package name , I am just able to launch the app. It is going to entry screen of destination app.

But if I am using Uri to launch Mainactivity of destination app , I am getting the error .

Regards,

Dileep Verma

But where do you want to go? To the entry screen of the app?

Armando Gomes wrote:

But where do you want to go? To the entry screen of the app?

No I want to launch some specific screen of the app using Uri.

In that case, the developer of the destination app needs to provide you with the correct URI - which doesn't seem that - after he configures the routing in the destination app.