Outsystems 11
Plugin: FirebaseMiddleware

I am trying to send reminder notifications to user everyday, but it seems that if user does not open app, user will get multiple notifications. I do not use separate notifications for each user, because user does not have to login to application. That is why I am using SendNotificationToTopic-method.

So is it possible to set this "Expires" option, which is available in Firebase console?

Hi Jay,

That is called TTL, time to live, property in android context and can be set through customization to the plugin unless I missed an input parameter already available for the plugin. Here are the details if you want to understand more about it: 

https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/concept-options#ttl

Akshay Puri wrote:

Hi Jay,

That is called TTL, time to live, property in android context and can be set through customization to the plugin unless I missed an input parameter already available for the plugin. Here are the details if you want to understand more about it: 

https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/concept-options#ttl

Thank you for pointing that correct attribute:

"android":{
      "ttl":"4500s"
    },
    "webpush":{
      "headers":{
        "TTL":"4500"
      }
    }

Any idea where that TTL parameter should be set in FirebaseMiddleware method call?

I think you will have to add the additional structure attribute in the request to send this through like:

Akshay Puri wrote:

I think you will have to add the additional structure attribute in the request to send this through like:

Is it supported only for Android or is there a support for iOS also?

I was thinking that does it work, if add that "ttl" and e.g. "86340s" in ExtraData variable and add it in ExtraDataList as item

Hi Jay,

1. If you observe in SendNotification_Android, all the pairs from ExtraData are getting appended to Data just before the rest api is called, so I am not sure if that will create a correct structure.
  2. This is the structure for iOS, you will have to add one more structure parallel to android
"apns":{
      "headers":{
        "apns-expiration":"1604750400"
      }
    }