Record suddenly stops updating?

Hi,

I'm making a little game where I have an entity called 'SessionDetails'. this entity records what session/saves the current session so you can have more than 1 game running at once. Pretty much all the other entities have a SessionDetails foreign key so the game knows which information to get.

In the game you go through 52 weeks, 1 week at a time. However every time I have started to play through, it has got to a week (6 this time) and when I go to the next week, when it updates the SessionDetails record (only changing the Week) it just times out and won't update.

It just hangs on here and when I check Service center it just says 'The connection has timed out', followed by 'Request failed with error'.

There isn't any extra imformation when I go to detail. Just says the same message and gives the environment information.

I'm so confused, if anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be a great help!

Thanks

Hello Aaron Gordon

Can you please click in the "Details" link for each column and share the details of the errors?

This will help us to understand your error and help you.

Hi Aaron.

That error detail will help you.

It can be concurrent accesses or too much data, but it will be written clearly.

Hi Aaron,

One observation, are you sure the UserId needs to be NullIdentifier() ?

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Aaron,

One observation, are you sure the UserId needs to be NullIdentifier() ?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The UserID isn't mandatory - it's there so saved games can only be accessed by the user that created the game, however you can play anonymously (and I was for testing)

This is what the error detail says:

I'm not sure what to make of it.

Hi,

Are these two error messages correlated? date and time on the PID: is different as is the app domain.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi,

I assumed they were, but not sure. I got the 'Connection Has Timed out' message at 9:15 when I tried to update the record. Then when I checked the error log a few minutes later, there were two erros - Connection has timed out at 9:15 and 'Request failed with error' at 9:19. I was debugging for a few minutes though so many that had something to do with the different times in errors? Or maybe they aren't related?

I can't delete the record either. Can't do anything to it. Just tried to delete it (Others records in the entity delete/update fine). I got this error anyway when trying to delete, which has more information. Sorry for the multiple posts btw.

Hi Aaron,

This looks like a locking issue. It waits until the record is free to update, but that never happens. Can it be that you've got 2 UpdateSessionDetails in the same action flow?

Regards,
Lennart

Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far! I only have 1 UpdateSessionDetails.

In the UI module I have the CompleteWeek screen that the Update is called on. There is a data action that is fetched at the start which hands on the 'CompleteWeek' action:

Inside the CompleteWeek action

It's the first thing to be calculated:

Inside the UpdateSession we have:

It's just strange though because it works most of the time when creating new games, but it will come to a point seemingly at random (it's always happened, but between week 6 and 15, so between 6 and 15 times of calling the 'CompleteWeek' action and updating fine). Then it will just hang and won't update and won't delete. As far as I know nothing changes that would affect it. If it was being locked now, why not before?

I just got this error (after the connection has timed out error) when I tried to update it again: