Views
Comments
[Social Sharing Plugin] Android not generating APK on MABS
Question
Forge component by Experts
Published on 29 May 2020

Hello, since the last week I noticed I can't generate an Android APK with MABS 6.1, it returns this exception about Android X:

BUILD FAILED in 13s
Error: /opt/NativeBuilder/builds/799dce52-228f-4035-aff3-a6942b6bb424/source/platforms/android/gradlew: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
/opt/NativeBuilder/builds/799dce52-228f-4035-aff3-a6942b6bb424/source/platforms/android/app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml:22:18-91 Error:
Attribute application@appComponentFactory value=(android.support.v4.app.CoreComponentFactory) from [com.android.support:support-compat:28.0.0] AndroidManifest.xml:22:18-91
is also present at [androidx.core:core:1.0.0] AndroidManifest.xml:22:18-86 value=(androidx.core.app.CoreComponentFactory).
Suggestion: add 'tools:replace="android:appComponentFactory"' to <application> element at AndroidManifest.xml:5:5-29:19 to override.

As a workaround I changed extensibility option to use version 5.6.5 of the GitHub plugin, and it works again.

I think this error should be addressed by Outsystems, I mean to work with Android X libraries.

Regards,

Romel 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Romel,

You can check the MABS release notes, for what is supported in each MABS version.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Release_Notes/Mobile_Apps_Build_Service

Although there is no statement yet from OutSystems, I am confident they are working on Android X support.

Regards,

Daniel

Any updates on this?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jospeh,

Since 23 september, Mabs 6.3 Beta is available. See Announcing MABS 6.3

It contains a link with instructions how to build your mobile app for Android X

Regards,

Daniel