Agile methodology User stories in outsystem

Hi,

does outsystem provides agile methodology development process and allow us to create user stories over there? if it is then please tell me where could i find that?

Hi Shubham,

OutSystems does not provide that functionality.

In order to implement that methodology, you should install and use another software. For example, I'm working with JIRA software for a while and it's really great.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hello Shubham Jain

For managing the user stories you use Azure DevOps and also Jira and many other software you will get for this, but currently, outsystems won't have provided any toll for managing the user stories.

cheers 

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hi Shubham,

OutSystems does not provide that functionality.

In order to implement that methodology, you should install and use another software. For example, I'm working with JIRA software for a while and it's really great.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

So that mean we have to connect third party ALM tool with outsystem to get that work done is it so?

Hello Shubham,

You don't connect a third party with OutSystems framework to do this.

This is what you should do in order to achieve this:

• Install this new software that is not OutSystems related (like I said JIRA is a good one, but there are others)
  • Define the user stories, sprints and projects
  • Create these user stories and sprints in this new tool

After that, the entire management of the user stories and sprints is done with this new software.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hello Shubham,

• Install this new software that is not OutSystems related (like I said JIRA is a good one, but there are others)

After that, the entire management of the user stories and sprints is done with this new software.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

so mean i can't connect jira to my outsystem?

What do you mean by "connect JIRA with OutSystems"?

Shubham Jain wrote:

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hello Shubham,

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

I think it's not possible to connect Jira to OutSystems for now, maybe in future, they can, but now both are independent 

Shubham Jain wrote:

Unfortunately, you can't.

If you pretend to update user stories in JIRA automatically as soon as you develop something in OutSystems, there is no way you can do that. Both are independent tools and you need to manage JIRA (or any other tool) outside OutSystems.

There are some things you can do. For example, JIRA allows you to add labels to a user story. I use this functionality to identify the eSpaces that are related to that specific user story. Another thing you can do is to add links or images to a user story. I use this to identify the application screen for that specific user story.

But everything I've described needs to be done manually and outside OutSystems.

There is no way you can connect both. Like I said, they are independent.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Shubham,

Check this Forge Component: OutSystems-jira-connector

Is this is what you are looking for?

Regards,

Benjith Sam

There are Outsystems connectors for Jira as Benjith has linked, and you can query it through APIs and work with the data that comes back. We use a connection as such to integrate with our billing system to log work done on Jira cards against remaining budget hours for projects.

Still we don't know what you need Shubham...

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Shubham,

Check this Forge Component: OutSystems-jira-connector

Is this is what you are looking for?

Regards,

Benjith Sam

I don't really think that this component is what Shubham wants... This is precisely the opposite. Because it uses REST APIs to provide access from the data that is in JIRA to use in your applications.

I think that what Shubham pretends is to automatically update data in JIRA using OutSystems.

King regards,

Rui Barradas