Confirmation message before close browser tab

Hello everyone! 

I'm trying to throw a confirmation message when the user clicks to close the browser page(the tab). How can I achieve that? 

I've tried this, but without success:

This javascript doesn't work and I don't know why... I hope you can help me! Thanks in advance.

Solution

Hi Daniel,

Did you check the console for any errors?

EDIT: Did you check this page? The code shown there is a bit more extensive.

Solution

Daniel Almeida wrote:

Hello everyone! 

I'm trying to throw a confirmation message when the user clicks to close the browser page(the tab). How can I achieve that? 

This javascript doesn't work and I don't know why... I hope you can help me! Thanks in advance.

Hi Daniel, this is traditional or reactive? do you have a theme associated with the app? witch one?  Are you interacting with the page when trying to close?

Check this sample is the same as yours but I have the theme based in the Dublin theme. check the oml attached

ps:. You need to interact with the page to work

cheers

Carlos Lessa

Hi, 

Can I suggest that you create the function and then create the event listener to use that function?

Something like that:

function onBeforeUnload(e) {
    if (thereAreUnsavedChanges()) {
        e.preventDefault();
        e.returnValue = '';
        return;
    }

delete e['returnValue'];
}

window.addEventListener('beforeunload', onBeforeUnload);

This is just an example.

Best regards, 

Ricardo M Pereira

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Did you check the console for any errors?

EDIT: Did you check this page? The code shown there is a bit more extensive.

Hi Killian, I used the code provided by this page. It really worked, thank you so much!

But I have a challenge. I have a button at my page, called "Read Confirmation". This button is used by the users to confirm if the news was read. So, the challenge is to throw a confirmation message whenever the user tries to leave the page without press the "Read Confirmation" button.  So, I guess I'll need a variable to store if the user clicked on the button or not...  

Do you have any idea how can I integrate this with the JS code that I already have?  Thanks in advance!

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Daniel Almeida wrote:

Hello everyone! 

Hi Daniel, this is traditional or reactive? do you have a theme associated with the app? witch one?  Are you interacting with the page when trying to close?

Check this sample is the same as yours but I have the theme based in the Dublin theme. check the oml attached

ps:. You need to interact with the page to work

cheers

Carlos Lessa

Hi Carlos, I'm using Traditional. I have another theme module being consumed by this one. I have a challenge...

I have a button at my page, called "Read Confirmation". This button is used by the users to confirm if the news was read. So, the challenge is to throw a confirmation message whenever the user tries to leave the page without press the "Read Confirmation" button.  So, I guess I'll need a variable to store if the user clicked on the button or not...  

Thank you so much for replying!

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi, 

Can I suggest that you create the function and then create the event listener to use that function?

Something like that:

function onBeforeUnload(e) {
    if (thereAreUnsavedChanges()) {
        e.preventDefault();
        e.returnValue = '';
        return;
    }

delete e['returnValue'];
}

window.addEventListener('beforeunload', onBeforeUnload);

This is just an example.

Best regards, 

Ricardo M Pereira

Ricardo, I guess this function really works too. Thank you so much for helping me!