[Extended DateTime] WeekNumberISO8601 Action removed ?

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 2019-08-08 by Caio Santana Magalhães
8 votes
Published on 2019-08-08 by Caio Santana Magalhães

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade this component to version 11.0.1 and i came a cross a missing action. Going through the version history on this page i do not see any mentioning of this function/action being deprecated. Is it correct to assume that this customization was done on our side ? 

Kind regards,

Robin

Robin,

Thank you for working to upgrade this component which we use heavily.

Not sure at all that I will be helping but I looked and the action you highlighted is part of our installation as shown below:

As far as how long this has been available in our system, I cannot answer because we have not used it, but now that I know it's there, I certainly will.

Let me know if I can do anything to assist.

Scott

Scott Finkle wrote:

Robin,

Thank you for working to upgrade this component which we use heavily.

Not sure at all that I will be helping but I looked and the action you highlighted is part of our installation as shown below:

As far as how long this has been available in our system, I cannot answer because we have not used it, but now that I know it's there, I certainly will.

Let me know if I can do anything to assist.

Scott

Hi Scottt,

I think you misunderstood me.
I'm not part of the development team working on this component. I'm just a user like you trying to install the most recent stable version from the forge into our environment.

Kind regards,
Robin

Solution

Hi Robin!

The action WeekNumberISO8601() indeed seems to be a customization done your development environment.

I checked the previous versions and this action does not exist in any of them.

Action DateTimeToISO8601(), which is similar in name to WeekNumberISO8601(), was introduced in version 10.0.2 of this component. It basically converts a value of data-type DateTime to a string using a specific format (yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ) which should be a format specified in standard ISO8601, but I did not went to confirm it on here (Wikipedia ISO 8601).

/// <summary>
/// Converts a DateTime value to the ISO 8601 format.
/// </summary>
/// <param name="ssDate"></param>
/// <param name="ssResult"></param>
public void MssDateTimeToISO8601(DateTime ssDate, out string ssResult) {
            ssResult = ssDate.ToUniversalTime().ToString("yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ", System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);
        } // MssDateTimeToISO8601

So, perhaps your team needed the same type of logic and implemented it directly.

We could also try in Service Center to trace back the history of the published versions of the extension so that you can find and talk with the developer that published it.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

--Tiago Bernardo

Solution