I am trying to download the excel from the list, below is what i am trying but it is not working.

List is GetReport.List from the aggregate GetReports.

Below is server action to create the excel. 

This is action on button click to download excel, ExportExcel(server action - above screenshot)

Hi Satish,

You need to assign an output parameter of Binary Data type inside your server action after the RecordListToExcel action like shown in this post. You then need to pass that output parameter to your Download node inside the Cient action.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Satish,

You need to assign an output parameter of Binary Data type inside your server action after the RecordListToExcel action like shown in this post. You then need to pass that output parameter to your Download node inside the Cient action.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Hello, Nordin,

It worked i was missing the file name with format as .xlsx

Solution

Hello Satish.

First: the way you made it, ExportToExcel never saves the binary in the output parameter.

You need to assign RecordListToExcel to the Binary output parameter RecordList (not the best name) so the Download can receive ExportEcel.recordList as content.

Second: download action is with a warning so probably you configured it wrong.

Simply give it a file name ending with ".xls" (to be an Excel) and a Binary content. Mime-type should be "application/vnd.ms-excel" but don't worry with it for now.

Solution

Satish Kumar wrote:

Hello, Nordin,

It worked i was missing the file name with format as .xlsx

Hi Satish,

Glad it works!

Indeed you need to put the file extension in the Filename property of the Download widget.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Satish Kumar wrote:

Hello, Nordin,

It worked i was missing the file name with format as .xlsx

Hi Satish,

Glad it works!

Indeed you need to put the file extension in the Filename property of the Download widget.

Regards,

Nordin

Also i wanted to change the column name of an excelsheet from Q1(database column name) to a big text like I am a number. I have 7 in the ones place. I am less than 80 but greater than 70. What is my number? .

Hi Satish

how to insert download widgets?  I am relatively new. Help me.

Satish Kumar wrote:

I am trying to download the excel from the list, below is what i am trying but it is not working.

List is GetReport.List from the aggregate GetReports.

Below is server action to create the excel. 

This is action on button click to download excel, ExportExcel(server action - above screenshot)

Hello Raghuram.

It is on the side list.

If you go to learn section, there is a tutorial on that.

Thank you Nuno. I was looking it for the mobile app development. It was not visible. Could you please help?

Nuno Reis wrote:

Hello Raghuram.

It is on the side list.

If you go to learn section, there is a tutorial on that.