Question

Dear All 

How to create a zip file and set the zip file password with the BigZip plugin

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello.

The component has a doumentation section explaining it:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Documentation.aspx?ProjectId=356&ProjectName=bigzip

To create a new ZIP archive, use ZipCreate. It has three, optional, Input Parameters:

• FilePath - the path to the ZIP file to create, including it's name. If you do not specify one, BigZip will create a temporary file in the temporary directory of the Server (probably C:\Windows\Temp).
  • CompressionLevel - determines the effort BigZip uses to compress the files you add. 0 is the least effort, 9 the most. The more effort, the slower BigZip will be, but the smaller the end result is. The default value is 5, which is a good trade-off between speed and compression. Note that this value won't be used until you actually add a file to the archive.
  • Password - optional password for protecting the ZIP archive. If you specify a password, the password is needed to extract a file from the archive. Note that regardless of whether a password is specified, the file names are always visible (e.g. in Windows), so it's not a full protection.
mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Hothorasman,

I can see the BigZip extension has a ZipCreate action with has a Password input which you can use.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello.

The component has a doumentation section explaining it:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Documentation.aspx?ProjectId=356&ProjectName=bigzip

To create a new ZIP archive, use ZipCreate. It has three, optional, Input Parameters:

• FilePath - the path to the ZIP file to create, including it's name. If you do not specify one, BigZip will create a temporary file in the temporary directory of the Server (probably C:\Windows\Temp).
  • CompressionLevel - determines the effort BigZip uses to compress the files you add. 0 is the least effort, 9 the most. The more effort, the slower BigZip will be, but the smaller the end result is. The default value is 5, which is a good trade-off between speed and compression. Note that this value won't be used until you actually add a file to the archive.
  • Password - optional password for protecting the ZIP archive. If you specify a password, the password is needed to extract a file from the archive. Note that regardless of whether a password is specified, the file names are always visible (e.g. in Windows), so it's not a full protection.

Dear Nuno,,

On the Outsystems platform ver 10 this codingan works and is successful

Now we use the platform ver 11.8.0
I think there are many changes from this BigZip plugin and I don't really understand using it. Can I get an example that can already be used in an OML file?

TestExample.oml

Hi,

I want to send around 80 to 90 mb zip file in email. Is it possible to send using BigZip?

Thanks,

Asha

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Asha,

Sending 80 MiB via e-mail is not possible. Most e-mail servers limit the size of attachment to around 10-20MiB. This has absolutely nothing to do with BigZip.

Also, if you have ZIPs of 80 MiB, you should probably not use BigZip, but the normal Zip Extension that comes with the Platform.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.