Update Activation Code

Hi Team,

I would like to know if we change the activation code for our current environment how will it impact the existing applications and will I face any IP issues within same environment.

Also how would it impact my pipeline[To note I will also update the activation code for subsequent higher environments].

Let me know how do I proceed with this.

Thanks

Atul

Hi Atul ,

What do you mean by changing the activation code and how do you think you can change the activation code ? , Activation Code basically is the unique identifier of your subscription. It has information about the configurations and features you've subscribed and is allocated by Outsystems!

On the other side there is a Serial Number  a unique identifier of an Environment. All your environments have the same Activation Code, and each Environment has a unique Serial Number. The Serial Number is hardware-based and automatically generated by the server assigned as controller of that environment.

Now my question to you is why and where do you think you can change the activation code. Also all the Outsystems module are tightly bond to the activation code and hence you may face the IPP issue if you managed to change the activation code which ideally you cant without Outsystems support.

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for your prompt response but I have already raised this to Outsystems support to get an activation for my new infra setup and I wanted to register my current DEV under same activation code so when I do a code movement I don't have to go via IPP.

"Also all the Outsystems module are tightly bond to the activation code and hence you may face the IPP issue if you managed to change the activation code which ideally you cant without Outsystems support." - For this point can you confirm if I will definitely face IPP issues or not.

Thanks

Atul

Hi Atul,

Are you sure you asked them to get a new activation code or the license ? usually your activation code remain unique across all your environment and you just need a new serial key (license) to setup a new environment. Serial key will be different for all the environment but and code movement between these environment doesn't have the IPP issue.

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

I have already gone through below documentation:

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Licensing/Overview/01_How_OutSystems_Platform_licensing_works

but it does not explains what will happen if I will change the serial key [tagged to a different activation code then before] for my DEV environment. So this is what I wanted to confirm if I may experience any IPP issues.

Thanks

Atul