Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for your help, I am working with a dropdown widget in which I would select an option from that list and do an action on change, and this has already been working perfectly. The problem now is that I tried to make a change where in the list only the active values of that database appeared and it stopped working correctly. I've already put everything back as it was originally and nothing.

The problem is that each time I open the page where the dropdown is located, it does not even assume the option of empty text and immediately moves to the first value in the list and whenever I select another value the widget returns to that value, and that first value it is not possible to use it even by pressing it.
Bellow you find an URL to a  small video I made to better illustrate what I tried to describe and the image of the widget properties.

https://reccloud.com/u/snblxgr

Thank you.

Best Regards,

João Oliveira

Joao Oliveira wrote:

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for your help, I am working with a dropdown widget in which I would select an option from that list and do an action on change, and this has already been working perfectly. The problem now is that I tried to make a change where in the list only the active values of that database appeared and it stopped working correctly. I've already put everything back as it was originally and nothing.

The problem is that each time I open the page where the dropdown is located, it does not even assume the option of empty text and immediately moves to the first value in the list and whenever I select another value the widget returns to that value, and that first value it is not possible to use it even by pressing it.
Bellow you find an URL to a  small video I made to better illustrate what I tried to describe and the image of the widget properties.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

João Oliveira

Hi, 

I think , u need to change variable property of dropdown with local variable identifier (Missoes data type). and at on change proper refresh the data source for main content . where data comes according to dropdown selected value so apply proper filter with that local identifier .

Thanks and Regards, 

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to help me. 

I tried to do what you suggested and it still doesn't work as it should. Now when entering the page the widget takes on the Empty Text value but in the list the first value does not work and even the empty text does not take the ID = 0. 

The widget, even with another selected value, always returns to the first value in the list, as you can see in the video, but does not use the action I have in the on change event. When I try to choose this value, the action in the event does not respond, but it works with the rest of the list. If i change the order of the list the first item of the list is the one that doesn't work.

Thanks and Best Regards, 

João

Joao Oliveira wrote:

Hi Rahul,

I tried to do what you suggested and it still doesn't work as it should. Now when entering the page the widget takes on the Empty Text value but in the list the first value does not work and even the empty text does not take the ID = 0. 

The widget, even with another selected value, always returns to the first value in the list, as you can see in the video, but does not use the action I have in the on change event. When I try to choose this value, the action in the event does not respond, but it works with the rest of the list. If i change the order of the list the first item of the list is the one that doesn't work.

Thanks and Best Regards, 

João

Hi,

Dropdown widget Enables property  should be True , 

I could not understand , why you r putting there data from data source.  Just assign True in Enabled.

Thanks

Rahul Kumar wrote:

Joao Oliveira wrote:

Hi Rahul,

Thanks and Best Regards, 

João

Hi,

I could not understand , why you r putting there data from data source.  Just assign True in Enabled.

Thanks

Hi,

I had it at first as True, and I changed that option by testing. I left like this by mistake when I created the screenshot. But I tested your solution with True on enable and the behavior of the widget remains the same. :(

Thank you.

João

Joao Oliveira wrote:

Rahul Kumar wrote:

Joao Oliveira wrote:

Hi Rahul,

Thanks and Best Regards, 

João

Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

I had it at first as True, and I changed that option by testing. I left like this by mistake when I created the screenshot. But I tested your solution with True on enable and the behavior of the widget remains the same. :(

Thank you.

João

Hi, 

I have applied same , But it is working fine

Check- Sample

Let me know , If it is same.

Thanks

Hi there Rahul,

I checked ur sample and works fine.

I have made a sample of mine: DropSample

Thanks!

João

Hi Joao,

I just checked your shared application link and I guess that within the DropdownMissoesOnChange action flow (i.e. Dropdown OnChange Action) you might have placed the current screen as the action flow Destination node  + passing the MissaoID input parameter (Current Screen) with the same variable which is mapped with the DropdownMissoes  Dropdown widget as shown below

Replace the destination node with the normal End Node and don't define the RefreshData Source node (Set with Data Source - GetMissoes Aggregate) within the same Dropdown OnChange Action flow --> by this code change you will observe that the current page won't get re-render on the dropdown option selection and the selected dropdown option value will remain intact. 

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Joao Oliveira wrote:

Hi there Rahul,

I checked ur sample and works fine.

I have made a sample of mine: DropSample

Thanks!

João

Hi, 

Have you check my .oml file ?

Can you share your sample .oml that you have made. 

So that we can check issue.

Thanks.

Joao Oliveira wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Best Regards,

João Oliveira

Hi Joao,

Please check the below snippet and the attached

Hello everyone,

@Benjin: I worked your suggestion and looks indeed better without the refresh but the widget maintains the same behavior.

@Rahul and Salman: I am still seeing the .oml that you guys sent, however there is mine .oml that probably with your experience and knowledge come to a conclusion much faster than me! 

Thank you all.

João 

Solution

Hi João,

Please find the attached .oml file - did some required code change as per my understanding.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Hi guys.

Benjith, your code did the job.

It seems that I complicated something simple, another lesson learned!

Thank you all for your patience and time.

My best regards,

João Oliveira

Rahul Kumar wrote:

Joao Oliveira wrote:

Rahul Kumar wrote:

Joao Oliveira wrote:

Hi Rahul,

Thanks and Best Regards, 

João

Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you.

João

Hi, 

I have applied same , But it is working fine

Check- Sample

Let me know , If it is same.

Thanks

I had already applied same in my sample oml . But I had changed your oml too. 

Thanks.