How to test in mobile app after release

Thanks your help, I got to release my mobile app.

Then I got new question about app test of new version after release.

After release, if I do 1-click publish to update new version, they'll update for already downloaded app at the same time, aren't they?

So how can I test new version app. If there are some bug in new version, how can I find them?

Are there any methods to check app without 1-click publish?

Best Regard,

Hi Yumiko,

You can test your mobile application after 1CP, there is no Debug in personal area like there is for debugging traditional web applications, where you can test your application without 1CP.

Also, If your mobile app does not use device-specific Cordova plugins, you can test your application in the previewer, or else you can test your application on your mobile device. If you connect the mobile device with USB cable to your development computer you can also debug the OutSystems code running on the device.

You can also test your mobile application using OutSystems Now, although lately, that is not possible anymore for iOS. As an alternative, if you can publish your mobile application as a PWA then you can also easily test it on your iOS device without deploying to the store (but be aware Cordova plugins will not work for PWA)

.There is more information on mobile testing (load testing, automated testing), for that, I can suggest the following training and articles:

If you google yourself you find some more.

Regards,

Daniel

Hello Daniel, thanks your responding.

I tried to use Outsystems Now for testing new version before 1CP on Android device, but there are no reflections.

I wonder if I want to check new version,  I have to do 1CP in spite of IOS or Android...

Then I noticed I should use testing server after clone environment of released app.I think it is the most easy way for testing, isn't it?

Solution

Hi Yumiko,

"I tried to use Outsystems Now for testing new version before 1CP on Android device, but there are no reflections."

• What do you mean there are no reflections?

I wonder if I want to check new version,  I have to do 1CP in spite of IOS or Android...

• You always have to do 1CP before you can test your application, has nothing to do with IOS or Android.

Then I noticed I should use testing server after clone environment of released app.I think it is the most easy way for testing, isn't it?

• Do you mean deploying your development version to a test environment? Yes, that would be the preferred way for others to test your work, while you can continue development in the DEV environment.But for your own testing I suggest you do that in the DEV environment.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Hi Daniel.

I figured out my misunderstood.

Maybe you are vaguely aware of this, I used only Development Server making apps.

The correct way to use server after develop apps is deploying apps for Testing Server and test, and deploying apps for Production Server after testing, isn't it?

Your advice helped me to understand. Thank you.

>What do you mean there are no reflections?

Yes.There are no reflections.