Hi all,

I was working on an reactive application in Outsystems 11 and observed that when I add 0 to a input field it saves the value. It shows correctly in a table record widget like in following pic.

But when i want to show it on form widget it makes that input field empty. 

As I provide 0 as a value not for making it a NULL value, Isn't it a wrong approach by outsystems?

Divyanshu Pathak wrote:

Hi all,

I was working on an reactive application in Outsystems 11 and observed that when I add 0 to a input field it saves the value. It shows correctly in a table record widget like in following pic.

Why is it so?

Hi Divyanshu,

Good question.I have also observed that it didn't show  for zero value.

According to me, May be It considering  zero as a null value and displaying nothing for zero

Thanks,

Rajat

Divyanshu Pathak wrote:

Hi all,

Why is it so?

Hi Divyanshu,

Good question.I have also observed that it didn't show  for zero value.

Thanks,

Govardhan

Hi Divyanshu,

Consider  zero as a null value and displaying nothing for zero.

same like if null text "" dosent show anything.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Divyanshu,

Consider  zero as a null value and displaying nothing for zero.

same like if null text "" dosent show anything.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hello Rajat and Rahul,

I edited my question a bit. Kindly go through it again?

Regards,

Divyanshu

Hi ,

Are you passing the value of the input field as 0 or u r just keeping it blank ? If blank , then it should raise an error as mandatory field is left blank... otherwise if u try to save with the value 0 , then it will display 0 in the table record.

Suprio Roy wrote:

Hi ,

Are you passing the value of the input field as 0 or u r just keeping it blank ? If blank , then it should raise an error as mandatory field is left blank... otherwise if u try to save with the value 0 , then it will display 0 in the table record.

Hi Suprio,

As mentioned above, I passed the value 0. It shows 0 value in table records but doesn't show any value in input field.

Regards

Divyanshu

Solution

Divyanshu Pathak wrote:

Suprio Roy wrote:

Hi ,

Hi Suprio,

As mentioned above, I passed the value 0. It shows 0 value in table records but doesn't show any value in input field.

Regards

Divyanshu

Hi Divyanshu,

It's a kind of drawback as 0 is considered as NULL. Please go through this thread for better clarification.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/42152/null-is-not-0-os-drawback/ 

Solution