how to access site properties in outsystems

Hi,

You can access them or in the service studio, in the Tab da Data (next to Logic, in the upper right corner), and then you have a folder with the site properties. Or in the service center, enter the module where you have the site properties and there you have a tab saying site properties.

Please check this additional info:

Cheers

Hi,

In you service studio is under de data layer:

You can do it via Service center. Access your module and then go to Site properties tab:

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

More info:

In Service Studio

Change the value of a Site Property in Service Center

1. Open the Service Center in your environment (http://<environment>/ServiceCenter) and login with your credentials.
  2. In the Factory tab, select Applications and filter by the name of your application.
  3. Select the module in which the Site Properties are stored.
  4. Click on the Site Properties tab and select the Site Property whose value you want to change.
  5. Change the Effective Value of the Site Property and click Apply.

Remember that in the Service Center you have two values for the same property. One of them is the Default Value, which is the value you have on the side of the Service Studio, and you have the Effective Value, which is the value you place in the Service Center, and it is the one that predominates, whatever the value you have on the side from the service studio. If you have no value on the side of the service center (effective value), then the site property assumes the value of the service studio.

Cheers

I have already created SiteProperty variable, but the issue is now I need to assign this S.P variable to my InputParameter type variable.

Hi,

you can go to Site variables:

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

Attention if you are working on Mobile or Reactive, you only have access to the site properties on the server side. You don't have access to the Client Side, just like on screens. If this is the case you will have to use Client Variables instead of site properties

Vivek verma wrote:

What app are you creating? Reactive, Mobile, traditional?

What the issue you found or didn't manage to do it?

A little more context will help us all to give you a better answer to your problem

Hello Vivek verma

In all the above comments, tells you where to access your site properties than its fine 

but if you want to access site properties one module to another module then it's not possible to add references for the site properties, so for this, you can create the server actions as public  and make site property as output, then you can add this server action as a reference in consumer module,

i hope this helps you 

cheers

Ricardo Pereira wrote:

Hi,

you can go to Site variables:

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

you mean to say, 1. create a Input Var and assign this S.P Variable to this. 2. Where I can find Local Folder.

You can access them or in the service studio, in the Tab da Data (next to Logic, in the upper right corner), and then you have a folder with the site properties. Or in the service center, enter the module where you have the site properties and there you have a tab saying site properties.

Attention if you are working on Mobile or Reactive, you only have access to the site properties on the server side. You don't have access to the Client Side, just like on screens. If this is the case you will have to use Client Variables instead of site properties

I want to use S.P variable(1 img) in here (2 img)

First of all:

You are working on:

• Reactive
  • Mobile
  • Web Traditional?

If you're in server side, you just need do it:

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

First of all:

You are working on:

• Reactive
  • Mobile
  • Web Traditional?
  • Reactive

So as I told you, if you want to assign a site property to a client action or a screen variable, you will not be able to, you will have to use a Client Variable, as I explained above. If you still have to reactive but want to assign it to a server action, you only have to do what I show in the image from the previous post.

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Can you please elaborate, hope its help me

Server Action screenshot from a reactive app:

Vivek verma wrote:

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

First of all:

You are working on:

• Reactive
  • Mobile
  • Web Traditional?
  • Reactive

If its server action you just to need to add like this 

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Site.Authorization

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Site.ZoomUserId

if you are using it inside client action, then you can create  a server action and put the output as your site property

and use this server action in your clint action 

Vivek verma wrote:

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Can you please elaborate, hope its help me

Do you want to assign the site property to a Client Action or a Server Action?

client action (orange ball with white center)
server action (all orange ball)

Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Server Action screenshot from a reactive app:

In this image SP->ShowsNews. How I use ShowsNews in my image (2)

in below image (attached 1.png)....-> able to access using clientVar. But I need to use S.Prop?

You can also design another solution with a site property and a Client Variable.

You create both, you control the Site Property.

You create a server action to fetch the value of the site property

You create a Client Action to sign the value of Site Property to Client Variable.

And you can now use Client Variable wherever you want, and control the site property normally, as you do in Web Traditional

Solution

sorry the process is backwards, stupidly and the forum has placed the ordering of the images in opposition to the one I submitted, but they are numbered well.

4)

3)

2)

1)

Solution