Hello,

Need help, i have block called "Welcome" on screen A. User close block "Welcome", than move to screen B and than back to screen A and block "welcome" will be viable again although it was closed.
Question, how to make it stay hidden?

Oh, app is made as reactive.

Thank you! 

Diana Kirnaja wrote:

Hello,

Need help, i have block called "Welcome" on screen A. User close block "Welcome", than move to screen B and than back to screen A and block "welcome" will be viable again although it was closed.

Thank you! 

I think the question is when you want to show the message, what is the logic behind, just knowing that you can program to show or not.

Nevertheless, how are you saving if should show or not this block? a local variable, session variable, DB?

Diana Kirnaja wrote:

Hello,

Thank you! 

Hi,

You can handle this by using a session variable.

Assign session variable value when u clicked on the welcome block and set the value to true. then once u back on this screen it will not visible if you used the session variable in the display property of block.

I hope that will help you!

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Diana Kirnaja wrote:

Hello,

Thank you! 

I think the question is when you want to show the message, what is the logic behind, just knowing that you can program to show or not.

Nevertheless, how are you saving if should show or not this block? a local variable, session variable, DB?

Hello, basically, when user log in app, they receive welcome message, like "welcome -name of user-, you have tasks pending". Its more like informative, so need to be visible when log in. User can close it but when log in app again, welcome message should appear again.

At the moment i have build it inside if container and used variables:

Use a session variable to decide if the block should be displayed or not. 

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

Use a session variable to decide if the block should be displayed or not. 

Hello, sadly Session Variables are available in Web App only.  :/ im stuck with reactive. 
Thank you.

JitendraYadav wrote:

Diana Kirnaja wrote:

Hello,

Thank you! 

Hi,

Assign session variable value when u clicked on the welcome block and set the value to true. then once u back on this screen it will not visible if you used the session variable in the display property of block.

Session Variables are available in Web App only. Im working with reactive, so this wont work :/
Thank you.

Hi Diana Kirnaja,

In reactive you can use client variable like below image

Take boolean var in client variable set true once user click on close icon for block set false .

thann user not able to see block again.

Hope this will help you

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Diana Kirnaja,

Define an OnInitialize Event Handler in the Block scope and set the VisibleBlock Local Variable to False value

i.e. VisibleBlock = False (Define/Add/Introduce the assign node within the Block OnInitialize Handler action flow)

Or you can use the Client variable for this purpose which works almost (do have a lot of difference) as a session variable available in the Traditional web application (I won't prefer this ;)).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Benjith Sam 

Diana Kirnaja wrote:

JitendraYadav wrote:

Diana Kirnaja wrote:

Hello,

Thank you! 

Hi,

Session Variables are available in Web App only. Im working with reactive, so this wont work :/
Thank you.

Sorry , missed the "reactive" part. Session variables won;t be available. As Rahul suggested above, Client variables are an alternative to use here . https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Data/Handling_Data/Client_Variable 

Cheers   

Solution

Diana Kirnaja wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Diana Kirnaja wrote:

Hello,

Thank you! 

Hello, basically, when user log in app, they receive welcome message, like "welcome -name of user-, you have tasks pending". Its more like informative, so need to be visible when log in. User can close it but when log in app again, welcome message should appear again.

Hi Diana, as you are using Reactive, use Boolean client Action with value = True, add logic to change the value when clicking in close, using it this will Client action will reset the value when the user logs out so when he log is in will appear again

Best regards

Carlos Lessa

Solution

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Diana Kirnaja,

In reactive you can use client variable like below image

Take boolean var in client variable set true once user click on close icon for block set false .

thann user not able to see block again.

Hope this will help you

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hello, Sir you are my angel savior! IT WORKS!
Thank you so much! 

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Diana Kirnaja,

Define an OnInitialize Event Handler in the Block scope and set the VisibleBlock Local Variable to False value

i.e. VisibleBlock = False (Define/Add/Introduce the assign node within the Block OnInitialize Handler action flow)

Or you can use the Client variable for this purpose which works almost (do have a lot of difference) as a session variable available in the Traditional web application (I won't prefer this ;)).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Benjith Sam 

Hello, Client variable worked!
Thank you so much!

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Diana Kirnaja wrote:

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Diana Kirnaja wrote:

Hello,

Thank you! 

Hi Diana, as you are using Reactive, use Boolean client Action with value = True, add logic to change the value when clicking in close, using it this will Client action will reset the value when the user logs out so when he log is in will appear again

Best regards

Carlos Lessa

Thank you so much!
It worked! 

Diana Kirnaja wrote:

Hello, Client variable worked!
Thank you so much!

My thought was like - I would prefer using Client Variable in such case when I need to store a value which will be used through-out the application i.e. kind of Global variable. But in this case the use of Boolean Variable i.e VisibleBlock is only limited to control the Show and Hide of the Block element. 

When transitioning from ScreenA to ScreenB the OnInitialize event handler of the Block will get triggered which will set the local boolean variable value to False.

If my thought for this approach is not correct, appreciate if someone can correct me in this. Thank you :)

Happy that you got it solved :)

Regards,

Benjith Sam