[XML Records] Structure question

Forge Component
(44)
Published on 2019-11-25 by Afonso Carvalho
44 votes
Published on 2019-11-25 by Afonso Carvalho

Good afternoon, I have used this component previously to convert XML to a record list.  In the past I have mapped every XML element to the corresponding structure and everything worked as expected.   This time I have a fairly large XML but I only need a few tags mapped to an output structure.   Here is an example XML below, in my case I want to create a structure to only map the three fields in red.   

When I try to do this I get an error that the current node does not match the record definition.  (understandable because I didn't map all of the fields in my structure)   Is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

<IntLayer>
  <NumLookup>
    <FirstName>test</FirstName>
    <LastName>test</LastName>

<Mbi>abc123</Mbi>
    <Ssn>1234567890</Ssn>
    <MdppInfo>
      <MdppList/>
      <MdppFinancList/>
      <MdppHcpcsList/>
   </MdppInfo>
  </NumLookup>
</IntLayer>

Processing Upload...

Hi Josh,

I've had to use this in projects where large XML files had to be processed - you're not mandated to map out every field, just the ones you need.

Here's an OML as an example - I've used your XML example but only created a part of the NumLookup structure within IntLayer. You can debug the Preparation for the screen and see that the IntLayer Record List is filled out with data.

Solution

I checked back on this question and I can't upload my OML for some reason. Here's prints of the structure I used:

This processed the XML just fine with XmlToRecordList.

Solution

Thank you, I will give this a try.   I had my structure set the same way but the IntLayer structure just contained an attribute of type NumLookup structure (not record).

Did you manage to process the XML with a reduced structure Josh?

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Did you manage to process the XML with a reduced structure Josh?

I did, I just forgot to come back and update this question.   Thank you for the help!