Deployment struck at first step

Hello Team,

I tried to deploy an application. But Its still in the 1st Step - "Retrieving applications from Version Control". Can you please help me with this issue.

Thanks,

Kushala

Hi Kushala,

Try following the instructions in this post in order to cancel the deployment.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Kushala,

Try following the instructions in this post in order to cancel the deployment.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nordin

Hello Nordin,

How can I abort the deployment. I am not getting any option. Please help.

Thanks,

Kushala

Hi Kushala,

So the instructions are as follows:

1. Write down the Staging ID of the deployment plan that wasn't successfully completed;

2. How to get the Staging ID? Go to Lifetime > Applications > Click on Deployment Plans > Check for "Created deployment plan #<NUMBER>.

3. Access https://<yourinfrastructure>/lifetime/ForceStagingClose.aspx and introduce the Staging ID that you want to abort. (I think you need Administrator permissions to do this)

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Kushala,

So the instructions are as follows:

1. Write down the Staging ID of the deployment plan that wasn't successfully completed;

2. How to get the Staging ID? Go to Lifetime > Applications > Click on Deployment Plans > Check for "Created deployment plan #<NUMBER>.

3. Access https://<yourinfrastructure>/lifetime/ForceStagingClose.aspx and introduce the Staging ID that you want to abort. (I think you need Administrator permissions to do this)

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Hello Nordin,

Does this effect the Database. I could see there is some point " database is in Inconsistent State"

Thanks,

Kushala

Hi Kushala,

So what this means is when cancelling the deployment that got stuck the platform would basically mark it as 'complete' so you would be able to create a new deployment plan between those environments. However, that same deployment plan could continue to execute in the background and if you have some business processes or timers than would run on publish they could execute too, which could lead to database inconsistencies.

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Kushala,

So what this means is when cancelling the deployment that got stuck the platform would basically mark it as 'complete' so you would be able to create a new deployment plan between those environments. However, that same deployment plan could continue to execute in the background and if you have some business processes or timers than would run on publish they could execute too, which could lead to database inconsistencies.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Thank you for the information. But after cancelling the deployment, it will run in the background and when it will stop the complete process.

Thanks,

Kushala.

Hi Kushala,

Well, at this point we would not be able to track the progress visually in LifeTime since the deployment got stuk on the first step. You could however verify in Service Center of the target environment if any new versions of your applications were added by checking the Last Published date of the modules. If that date is anywhere shortly after the time when your LifeTime deployment got stuk, it would indicate the deployment has finished. Make sure to check all the applications/modules who where part of the deployment plan.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin