Why does "Replace data with Orders" not cause an error?

Hi everybody,

I'm following the guided path on Becoming a Traditional Web Developer and I'm currently on 11.6 - Accelerating UI Development Exercise.

Task 1 tells me to update the To Assign column in the sample Dashboard Screen that I've created. The exercise states that this will cause an error:

I've followed the instructions and dragged the Order Entity to the To Assign column:

However, in my case, this has not caused any error whatsoever. Does anyone know why it doesn't create an error, even though the exercise states that it should (in order for me to learn how to get rid of this error)?

Hi , 

It seems that 'RequestName of Sample_Request' replaced with 'Description of Order Entity' and it did not give any error. Because it automatically change it's expression value   '---.Sample_Request.RequestName'   to   '--.Order.Description'  and it reduce your effort.

Cheers, Now  automatic Replace Data algorithm also capable to change it's expression value too according to the replaced entity which is not perfectly matching. Definitely it will accelerate development. 

Thanks.

Rahul Kumar wrote:

Hi , 

It seems that 'RequestName of Sample_Request' replaced with 'Description of Order Entity' and it did not give any error. Because it automatically change it's expression value   '---.Sample_Request.RequestName'   to   '--.Order.Description'  and it reduce your effort.

Cheers, Now  automatic Replace Data algorithm also capable to change it's expression value too according to the replaced entity which is not perfectly matching. Definitely it will accelerate development. 

Thanks.

Hi! Thank you for responding. I'm afraid I still don't entirely understand what you mean. What should I do? 

Solution

Hi,

when you apply workflow Dashboard screen then there all date came from OutsystemsSampleDataDB (Entity - Sample_Request) .

And it's expression value is   " ---.List.Current.Sample_Rquest.RequestName" (You can see in above pic in yellow Square ). 

Now, When you applied Replace Data with Orders entity . It replace all data of matching attribute, 

There may be  error in true change , because RequestName attribute in Sample_Request differ from Description attribute in Order Entity. But There is no any errors appear in True Change because it also replaced Expression value     " ToAssignList.List.Current.Sample_Rquest.RequestName" to  " ToAssignList.List.Current.Order.Description"

You can see in below pic.

That's why i said it reduces your next efforts

b).

c).

d).

e).

that is mention in document .

Now you can move direct on Step 2.

In Last,

If you see in document it says ,  errors may appear. It means there is possibility and if it appears you need to manually resolve these errors  , You can go at those errors by simply clicking on errors in True Change.

Thanks and Regards, 

Rahul

Solution

Rahul Kumar wrote:

Hi,

when you apply workflow Dashboard screen then there all date came from OutsystemsSampleDataDB (Entity - Sample_Request) .

And it's expression value is   " ---.List.Current.Sample_Rquest.RequestName" (You can see in above pic in yellow Square ). 

Now, When you applied Replace Data with Orders entity . It replace all data of matching attribute, 

There may be  error in true change , because RequestName attribute in Sample_Request differ from Description attribute in Order Entity. But There is no any errors appear in True Change because it also replaced Expression value     " ToAssignList.List.Current.Sample_Rquest.RequestName" to  " ToAssignList.List.Current.Order.Description"

You can see in below pic.

That's why i said it reduces your next efforts

b).

c).

d).

e).

that is mention in document .

Now you can move direct on Step 2.

In Last,

If you see in document it says ,  errors may appear. It means there is possibility and if it appears you need to manually resolve these errors  , You can go at those errors by simply clicking on errors in True Change.

Thanks and Regards, 

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

So you're saying that there's no problem with the fact that no errors have appeared in my screen? And I can just move on with the other stuff?

Hi Iwvk1994,

what you have to keep in mind, is that the course you are following has been around for a while.  

And the capabilities of the platform have been evolving, so as long as what you are doing is going easir than described in the course, I wouldn't worry.

Dorine 

Dorine Boudry wrote:

Hi Iwvk1994,

what you have to keep in mind, is that the course you are following has been around for a while.  

And the capabilities of the platform have been evolving, so as long as what you are doing is going easir than described in the course, I wouldn't worry.

Dorine 

Thanks Dorine!!