I want to use 3rd party wireless scanner to read barcode in outsystems web?

I have one wireless scanner which is used to read bar code.Now i want to use the scanned bar code data in outsystems web application.Is there any way to do in outsystems?

What type of scanner do you have? All scanners I encountered acted like they where a normal keyboard. So in those situations I didn't need to do anything except make sure the focus was on the correct input field.  

Vincent Koning wrote:

What type of scanner do you have? All scanners I encountered acted like they where a normal keyboard. So in those situations I didn't need to do anything except make sure the focus was on the correct input field.  

Hi vincent,

The scanner is wireless and it is using wifi network.

Solution

You really need to look into the scanners manual for this. From my experience you need to pair the scanner with some other device or computer before it can be used. After pairing it it will probably behave like keyboard and is the usable with any OutSystems application including Mobile (if pairing with a mobile device is a capability of your scanner.  

Solution

Vincent Koning wrote: 

You really need to look into the scanners manual for this. From my experience you need to pair the scanner with some other device or computer before it can be used. After pairing it it will probably behave like keyboard and is the usable with any OutSystems application including Mobile (if pairing with a mobile device is a capability of your scanner.  

Hi Vincent,

There is a situation my application is web and the scanner is not using bluetooth or usb it is using wifi network for communication then what I can do in that situation.

Vincent Koning wrote:

If I scan 100 barcodes with machine and stored it in the memory then how I can send batches of scanned data to my web application.

Vincent Koning wrote:

It's possible to configure url in the scanner and for every scan we get the data from webservice.