I'm trying to install our app onto an Android device using the QR code that appears when running the app in a browser. 

The problem I've run into now is that when I try to install the app using the QR code, it fails. It tries to install the application from our development server. That would ordinarily work just fine if I were in the office, but due to covid-19, we're working remotely and that device has no access to the company network. Is there an alternate to install my app on the device?

Thanks

Hi Lorenzo,

You can extract an APK from Service Center and install it to your Android device. See step 9 of this guide for a screenshot of where you can find the download link.

This way, you can have a portable means of installing your app even if you don't have access to your OutSystems server - however, if your app relies on your server in any way, it will not operate correctly if you can't connect to it.

Try to use the QR Code from the Native tab in the Service Studio.

Thanks, I tried that. That url points to a server behind the VPN.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Lorenzo,

You can extract an APK from Service Center and install it to your Android device. See step 9 of this guide for a screenshot of where you can find the download link.

This way, you can have a portable means of installing your app even if you don't have access to your OutSystems server - however, if your app relies on your server in any way, it will not operate correctly if you can't connect to it.

I'm getting an error:

Error: Generation failed due to plugin version incompatibility with MABS. We recommend that you review the following plugin(s) and retry building the app:
cordova-plugin-inappbrowser version 3.1.0-OS2 must be equal or greater than 3.1.0-OS

Not sure I understand this one. How should I proceed.