[FullCalendar Reactive] resourceEditable

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 16 Mar by Alexandre Santos
1 vote
Published on 16 Mar by Alexandre Santos

Good day,

First and foremost, awesome component you made available for us!

I was looking at the 'editable'-properties of events and calendar and how they interact with each other. I'm looking for a way to lock certain events on the (resource view) calendar, that can be unlocked with an explicit unlock action by a user. 

There's a general property that blocks all events on the calendar. Besides that, there are the properties 'eventStartEditable' and 'eventDurationEditable'. These are included in this Forge component to block an event-element, but I also want to exclude dragging between resources.

The original documentation mentions:

"A variation of this property called resourceEditable can be set on an Event Object for more granular control"

I did not find this property, although there is a similar named one in the EventSource element. As far as I can see this element is only used for setting the resource of events.

Am I able to (apart from changing start and duration also) block dragging individual events between resources?

Thank you very much in advance.

p.s. there is a new V5 version of FullCalendar. I couldn't find anywhere which version the Forge component is based on. Could you maybe mention it in the documentation?

wrote:

Good day,

I was looking at the 'editable'-properties of events and calendar and how they interact with each other. I'm looking for a way to lock certain events on the (resource view) calendar, that can be unlocked with an explicit unlock action by a user. 

There's a general property that blocks all events on the calendar. Besides that, there are the properties 'eventStartEditable' and 'eventDurationEditable'. These are included in this Forge component to block an event-element, but I also want to exclude dragging between resources.

"A variation of this property called resourceEditable can be set on an Event Object for more granular control"

I did not find this property, although there is a similar named one in the EventSource element. As far as I can see this element is only used for setting the resource of events.

Am I able to (apart from changing start and duration also) block dragging individual events between resources?

p.s. there is a new V5 version of FullCalendar. I couldn't find anywhere which version the Forge component is based on. Could you maybe mention it in the documentation?

I can disable the drag and drop function by this config. You can try and hope it help

Shingo Lam wrote:

wrote:

Good day,

I can disable the drag and drop function by this config. You can try and hope it help

Thank you for your reply. 

As far as I know these advanced options impact the whole calendar, instead of individual/single events. I'm looking for a way to initially be able to drag-n-drop/edit an event but after a 'finalize' action it (that one event) cannot be changed anymore. 

Because there is an 'eventStartEditable' and 'eventDurationEditable' attribute in the event-element of this Forge component, I also expected an 'eventResourceEditable' property (as mentioned in the FullCalendar docs). There's also an 'editable' attribute in the event-element, but it doesn't block changing resources.

edit; I found this: https://github.com/fullcalendar/fullcalendar/issues/5166 that could be related. But it concerns not updating the setting, while the Forge component doesn't have it in the first place. 

Geertjan Jacobs wrote:

Shingo Lam wrote:

wrote:

Good day,

Thank you for your reply. 

As far as I know these advanced options impact the whole calendar, instead of individual/single events. I'm looking for a way to initially be able to drag-n-drop/edit an event but after a 'finalize' action it (that one event) cannot be changed anymore. 

Because there is an 'eventStartEditable' and 'eventDurationEditable' attribute in the event-element of this Forge component, I also expected an 'eventResourceEditable' property (as mentioned in the FullCalendar docs). There's also an 'editable' attribute in the event-element, but it doesn't block changing resources.

edit; I found this: https://github.com/fullcalendar/fullcalendar/issues/5166 that could be related. But it concerns not updating the setting, while the Forge component doesn't have it in the first place. 

Oh I see. Maybe when porting from the traditional web to reactive, some attributes are removed.

I am looking forward to hearing changes from the component to let the more efficient and flexible way to manage the events