Reactive Web- Custom Dropdown

I'm hoping that that I am overlooking something very simple here.   I need to create a dropdown list with a few hard coded values.   When I add the dropdown widget to my webscreen I see the normal options to add the list that will populate the dropdown but I'm not seeing any option to just enter the values like we have in traditional web.

I was able to create a list of records and then populate values during the screen initialization, but I'm hoping there is a more elegant solution than appending the values one by one to the record list.

Solution

Hello Josh.

There isn't, unfortunately.

In Reactive/Mobile, you need to provide a list to the Drop down.
You can create a static entity in Reactive and add your values there, for example, and fetch data with an aggregate (and cache it), but if you don't need this information to be persistent, it may be overkill.

Cheers

Solution

Hello Josh,

I think you need this select on value from dorpdown

Custom Dropdown

You can use HTML content like below image-

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Rahul,

But them, you are "leaving" Low Code and injecting HTML in your application.
While it may be simple, it makes the maintenance of the application harder (at least for newcomers), besides preventing you from taking full advantage of the True Change and other features of the Platform/Service Studio, discoverability, etc.

If this is required, it is always better to create a component that encapsulate the not so low code required.

Cheers! 

Thanks all, I will go ahead and create a static entity.  The HTML solution works but I want it to be as straight forward as possible. 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Rahul,

But them, you are "leaving" Low Code and injecting HTML in your application.
While it may be simple, it makes the maintenance of the application harder (at least for newcomers), besides preventing you from taking full advantage of the True Change and other features of the Platform/Service Studio, discoverability, etc.

If this is required, it is always better to create a component that encapsulate the not so low code required.

Cheers! 

Hi Eduardo,

Yes you are right, 

Regards

Rahul