React: input date format vs expression date format

Context:

I'm creating a Reactive application in OutSystems 11.

I have an Entity attribute of time date. I have a screen and a data entry form. I dragged the attribute to the form and OutSystems created a nice input for me:

Results:

The format in the browser (tested in Chrome and Opera) is different for the input and for the expressions.

In my Chrome in the Mac I get this:

In my Chrome in in my VM (old windows 7) I get this:

Control panel in windows VM:

Issues/Questions:

1. How to easily format the date in the expressions to be the same as the one presented in the input? Note that I don't know the format used in the input, so I don't know the mask to provide to FormatDate(). In the first browser example, I'd like the expression to evaluate to "28/06/2020" instead of the default "2020-06-28"

2. Why in my windows VM, in Chrome I get the American format "06/28/2020" in the input, even though the control panel is configured differently? I guess some config in the browser? Which?

Thanks.  

Hello 8bp

you use this built in function to format your date :

FormatDateTime()

Builds a Text output of the specified Date Time 'value' using the specified 'format'. Formatting pattern can be any combination of the following:

for example :

FormatDateTime(#2015-06-09 10:05:20#, "ddd, dd MMM yyyy") = "Tue, 09 Jun 2015"
FormatDateTime(CurrDateTime(),"To\da\y i\s: dddd") = "Today is: Tuesday"

I hope this helps you

cheers

Thanks for your reply. But as I stated:

"Issues/Questions:

1. How to easily format the date in the expressions to be the same as the one presented in the input? Note that I don't know the format used in the input, so I don't know the mask to provide to FormatDate()."

How do I know what format is being used in the inputs, so I can pass it to FormatDate() or FormatDateTime()? 

I never tried on Mac or even Windows 7, but probably you need to check the systems requirements for OutSystems 11, below is the link.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Setting_Up_OutSystems/OutSystems_system_requirements

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Junaid