Views
Comments
Solved
How to play youtube video in mobile app
Question

Hi All,

I have developed a test mobile application as follow: 

when I click on the the button on the home screen it redirects to another screen where I created a iframe as shown in below image. In iframe I am running a YouTube video by giving a embed link in src property as shown below. This is working fine means video from YouTube is getting played.

But the problem here is the full screen option is disabled in the video player. So don't know where I am getting wrong or some tags are missing in iframe.  

Anybody please help me here to get the full screen option enabled or is there any other way to play the YouTube video, like when I click on the button mobile app will show open with YouTube, browser etc. 

Below are the images of the application

1) Home screen of the test application:

2) Button on click logic:

3) Iframe on screen 2:

4) Fullscreen Function disabled:

Solution

Kaustubh Kamble wrote:

Hi All,

I have developed a test mobile application as follow: 

when I click on the the button on the home screen it redirects to another screen where I created a iframe as shown in below image. In iframe I am running a YouTube video by giving a embed link in src property as shown below. This is working fine means video from YouTube is getting played.

But the problem here is the full screen option is disabled in the video player. So don't know where I am getting wrong or some tags are missing in iframe.  

Anybody please help me here to get the full screen option enabled or is there any other way to play the YouTube video, like when I click on the button mobile app will show open with YouTube, browser etc. 

Below are the images of the application

1) Home screen of the test application:

2) Button on click logic:

3) Iframe on screen 2:

4) Fullscreen Function disabled:

In the extended properties try setting allowFullScreen = True.

Cheers,

Tushar 

Additionally you can refer to this for various options. This is a reactive solution which works almost same for mobile apps. 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/8606/reactive-web-embed-video-sample-application 

Cheers