Hi all,

I am using the Excel plugin to add password into excel file, but there is a issue when I try to export the excel file.

I would like to ask how to export the excel file inside the server action, there is no export file under "Workbook_Protect" function.

I am using:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Documentation.aspx?ProjectId=1044&ProjectName=excel-package

Please help, thanks

Solution

Hi Jack,

You need to use output as binary data and use this binary data in screen action to download.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Solution

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Jack,

You need to use output as binary data and use this binary data in screen action to download.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Rahul, thank you for your reply. Could you please let me know what you have set inside the "Assign - TemplateExcel".

Thanks

Hi Jack,

"Assign - TemplateExcel" hold data of  TemplateRLtoExcel

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hi Jack,

After TemplateRLtoExcel you've got to feed the xls-binary to action Workbook_Open_BinaryData to get the Workbook object. This Workbook is then used in Workbook_Protect. After that you get the Xlsx binary with Workbook_GetBinaryData. This is the binary that you download.

Goodluck!

Lennart Kraak wrote:

Hi Jack,

After TemplateRLtoExcel you've got to feed the xls-binary to action Workbook_Open_BinaryData to get the Workbook object. This Workbook is then used in Workbook_Protect. After that you get the Xlsx binary with Workbook_GetBinaryData. This is the binary that you download.

Goodluck!

Thank you Lennart, it really work for me~

Hi Jack

Isn't the answer from Lennart the solution to your question?

Regards,

Daniel