We are working on Reactive. To improve the current DropdownSearch component with some custom settings (parameter for number of records instead of standard 4 results, defining a default set of AdvancedFormat, as well as setting the ShouldSort parameter to False by default), we cloned the DropdownSearch to a custom copy.

When I replace the occurences of the DropdownSearch to the new copy, I get a warning saying
"OutsystemsUiModel is not defined". As long as I have one of the official DropdownSearch occurences on the screen, this error doesn't show up.

As soon as I delete the last regular DropdownSearch and replace it with my custom copy, the error starts popping up.

Did we forget anything when we copied the DropdownSearch to our custom component, which makes it loose the reference to the OutsystemsUi causing this issue?

Any help would be highly welcome.

Hi Erik,

I also did the same and I didn't got that error. I copy the DropdownSearch webblock, the choices script and the DropdownItem structure.

Can you provide a simple example with that error.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo, thanks for reaching out.

I have just tried to make a sample application to reproduce the behaviour, but (apart from missing FontAwesome in the sample application) it works like a charm. 

I in my regular application, I get this error:

while the console in the browser (Chrome) tells me (project specific details striped away) :

I simply have no clue where to start to solve this issue. If I include the copied Pattern from the same dependency into a form in a new application, there is no issue.

When I use the new object it in the main application, it works as long as at least one occurrence of the original DropdownSearch is there as well. Once I replace the last original DropdownSearch with my own copy, the error pops up.

Hi,

You tried to reproduce the error on the same environment of your regular app? The other two things that I could think that could have been causing this is different platform server or different OutsystemsUI version. Because I'm testing this on my personal which has the latest release of OutsystemsUI.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Problem solved, but not quite sure why.

The issue occured both in Webblocks and a Screen.

The issue was solved in the Webblocks by copying the screen actions, aggregates and Form etc. to a new webblock, and replace the old webblock.

The last occurrence in the screen gave another Error stack in the debugger, which I found out referred to the SelectedItem of one particular DropdownSearch occurrence. I changed the values of that SelectedItem to the same value but in a different Entity in my aggregate (Like it first was order.customerid i changed it to customer.id. Now the issue is gone.

So, solved now - but still quite a solution covered in a dense layer of fog...

Solution

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

You tried to reproduce the error on the same environment of your regular app? The other two things that I could think that could have been causing this is different platform server or different OutsystemsUI version. Because I'm testing this on my personal which has the latest release of OutsystemsUI.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo, Yes, both in the same environment, just in a new application / module. So all within same OutsystemsUI and Platform server... It's quite crazy... :-)