Views
Comments
Advanced Excel - How to add borders to worksheet?
Question

Hi,

I tried to add borders to my worksheet, but I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error when I assign any value for BorderStyle-attribute.

.. and this crashes:

Any idea what is wrong here? If I remove that BorderStyle-attribute it works fine.

Hi Jukka,

I think that if you try use this component, will get success.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/355/advanced-excel 

Its a good tool to manipulate worksheets. 

Regards.

I'm having the exact same issue.

Did you find any solution yet?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jukka and Teun

Which version of the component are you using, 2.1.23 (stable) or 2.1.24 (development)? 

Next time, please also post the question under the Support section (https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-discussions/355/Advanced+Excel ) of the component so the team can be notified of the issue you are having.

Hanno

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Teun

Can you try 2.1.24? There are some known issues with 2.1.23 that we are working on resolving, some of which were fixed in 2.1.24.

Hanno

mvp_badge
MVP

I have uploaded a new development version 2.1.25 that I am running in my PE. This version does not give me the error that you are referring to when I define the BorderStyle attribute.

Have you perhaps downloaded the demo app for this component and tried to run that? There is a specific demo for setting the BorderStyle. If the demo works there could be something else wrong.

Let me know if your problem is solved.

Hanno

Hello Hanno,

Thanks for your reply.
Even 2.1.25 did not fix the problem for me.
In the demo app it works without a problem.
On the first look my action seems similar to the demo action
I'm going to compare the 2 actions in detail to see if i can find any differences.

Teun

Hello Hanno,

Sorry, it took so long to respond. I was on summer holiday and I didn't follow my emails.

Same result with my test also with 2.1.25. I added my test application to here (Elokuvat.oap - it uses OSMDb data from online course - Movies excel)

You can start download of table record from top right download icon

-JP

Elokuvat.oap