How can I create a simple q&a page?

Hi

I would like to create a simple q&a page where everyone can post questions and get multiple answers, how can I do that?

Thanks

Hi Faris,

1. You have to create entities that represent both the Question and the Answers concepts.
  2. Those two concepts will need to have a one (question) to many (answers) Relationship.
  3. You can use scaffolding to generate the Question listing and details page (drag the Question entity to the UI flow - once for Reactive Web, twice for Traditional Web).
  4. You then need to open the Question details page and use scaffolding again to generate a master-detail (drag the Answer entity next to the Question form), and that should add the list of answers for that particular question.

What I described won't be pretty or particularly good in terms of UX, but explains the idea, you should be able to work from there on your own.

Hope this helps!

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Faris,

1. You have to create entities that represent both the Question and the Answers concepts.
  2. Those two concepts will need to have a one (question) to many (answers) Relationship.
  3. You can use scaffolding to generate the Question listing and details page (drag the Question entity to the UI flow - once for Reactive Web, twice for Traditional Web).
  4. You then need to open the Question details page and use scaffolding again to generate a master-detail (drag the Answer entity next to the Question form), and that should add the list of answers for that particular question.

What I described won't be pretty or particularly good in terms of UX, but explains the idea, you should be able to work from there on your own.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your help much appreciated.

I create an entity which have a question and an answer attributes like below

Where to open Scaffolding to start creating the relationships? FYI I'm doing a mobile app not web.

Here's what I have on my discussion page now:

Hi Faris, 

you need to make two entities where one can hold question and second hold answer based on qusetion.

after that create a action to enter data in second entity to show all answer.

I think you want this

Aslo you can change UI and logic accordingly

Hope this oml will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu