Hi All, 

I am trying to develop a mobile application in which we'll should be able to see a video from where we left it(the video should at least suggest the same). How can we achieve it based on the Device and not the per User.

Any ideas/suggestions/advice please...

Hi Suyash,

Basically you want the user to resume the video from where the user left off, on her/his device. Not the caching, right?

Which endpoints are you connecting for video streaming e.g. YouTube, Vimeo or the offline resource video file play?

Regards,

Swatantra

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

Hi Suyash,

Basically you want the user to resume the video from where the user left off, on her/his device. Not the caching, right?

Which endpoints are you connecting for video streaming e.g. YouTube, Vimeo or the offline resource video file play?

Regards,

Swatantra

Hi Swatantra,

Yes, I am using the Youtube link from the google spreadsheet via API and then using the videos in my application(Mobile). Any pointers how on how can this be achieved.

Thanks and regards,

Suyash 

Hi Suyash,

You may have a look at the article explaining how to Embed Video Streaming. There is also a mobile component streamer for video streaming you may try out.

To start a YouTube video at a specific time, you need to know what time as a starting point.

1. Capture the time (in seconds) elapsed using onpause, HTML Audio/Video DOM pause Event per device. Stored it.

2. YouTube provides a parameter t e.g. https://youtu.be/Vide01dentifier?t=26 Supply the video url with the time attribute, you had captured in earlier stage.

Regards,

Swatantra