Rest API occasionally return 404 response

Hello,

I have an issue where the REST API in my client side I consumed occasionally return 404 not found response. 

This issue only happened in their QA API Server but not happening in their dev server. I tried to test the API from Outsystem REST window for 5 times and the result are success, 404, success, success, 404. But when I tried testing it in their Swagger and Postman it always return success and never 404.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm at loss trying to find what's wrong with this.

Thanks in advance

Hi Kevin,

Are you seeing 404 errors for different requests? Depending on the logic underneath the API, 404 can be a possible response (nothing found for a specific ID, for instance). Do you have access to the QA API server? Does the API log anything when it's consumed? 

It could also be a network/infrastructure issue. Can you ping the server without any issues, or do they only appear when consuming the service?

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Kevin,

Are you seeing 404 errors for different requests? Depending on the logic underneath the API, 404 can be a possible response (nothing found for a specific ID, for instance). Do you have access to the QA API server? Does the API log anything when it's consumed? 

It could also be a network/infrastructure issue. Can you ping the server without any issues, or do they only appear when consuming the service?

Hi Afonso,

Yes the 404 errors appears on different requests, I will try ask my client IT staff to check their log to see if the error is from their side. Thanks!

Hi Kevin,

Like Afonson said I suspect Network issue as well best to get access to get Network logs on both client and server end to analyse this further.

Kevin Wie wrote:

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Kevin,

Hi Afonso,

Yes the 404 errors appears on different requests, I will try ask my client IT staff to check their log to see if the error is from their side. Thanks!

Have you tried switching full logging on for the REST call? Some services will return an error code but also output further information in the responce which might help. Switch Full loggin on and then you should be able to see the entire responce in the Integrations log in service center