Use checkbox to add data to your table

Hi! 

Can I use a checkbox to add data to my DB table? For example if I checked the first row of my table as seen below and click the accept button, the STATUS field will  have a value of "VALIDATED"

Thank you!

Yes u can do so. Inside the action associated with the accept button , update the status field with the selected table record id and then use the update entity action. It will reflect.

Suprio Roy wrote:

Yes u can do so. Inside the action associated with the accept button , update the status field with the selected table record id and then use the update entity action. It will reflect.

Hi! 

Sorry I'm actually new in using outsystem. Do you have any sample for this?

Hi,

Yes just follow below steps,

1. Call list filter based on checkbox selected variable it will give u all selected rows.

2. Then loop through on filtered list and call entity create action and pass the value for saving including status field value.

3. use refresh data to refresh aggregate value

4. call ajax refresh to refresh the table records.

5. Accept button should be ajax submit.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks!

Cool enjoy OutSystems World!

Mark Frederick Mabbun wrote:

Suprio Roy wrote:

Hi! 

Sorry I'm actually new in using outsystem. Do you have any sample for this?

Hi Mark,

welcome to Outsystems.

What you are asking here is very basic stuff, so for starters, take in some of the courses that are available for free.  

relating to your current question, maybe look at

widgets 1

widgets 2

but really, you will learn a lot in short time just going through a whole learning path, such as web developer, mobile developer or reactive. 

Good luck,

Dorine

JitendraYadav wrote:

Hi,

1. Call list filter based on checkbox selected variable it will give u all selected rows.

2. Then loop through on filtered list and call entity create action and pass the value for saving including status field value.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure if I did it right? It still now working. Please see below my Accept button action

Do you have any sample .oml example file that I can study? Thanks!

In the loop you have to update records.

Call entity update action to update the value.

Thanks.

Solution

Attaching sample application..Thanks!

Solution

JitendraYadav wrote:

Hi,

Please let me know.

Thanks

Sorry I'm now sure what do you mean with the 1st step call list filter? I have already added call entity update action but still not working. 

It's ok now! I got it! Thanks!

Cool finally..Thanks!

Tried this method heheh